My wife and I recently returned from an eleven night stay at 'The Palace' 1st-12th July. Very friendly welcome and a speedy check in and we were 'checking out' our room and massive balcony. Great high ceilings plenty of storage space and working air con, a great start. A couple of people have said the rooms were dated, our room was all we hoped for spacious and loads of character if we had wanted modern we would have found a Hilton or a Radisson Blu. Staying a moment about our room we both slept well the entire time towels got changed just about every day without having to ask, our bed was 'turned down' every night when we had gone for dinner. Food was excellent there was only one dish my wife didn't care for the entire time. Waiters were attentive and efficient and wore smiles all the time...refreshing. It was my wife's birthday on the 4th of July, one of the reasons we had come away. As we finished our evening meal the lights dimmed and a cake appeared, 'complete with firework' at our table and Happy birthday was sang. As we had told no-one of the special date we assume they noticed the significance of the date from her passport...lovely surprise my wife was 'chuffed to bits we were impressed. Wifi was excellent it didn't take long to notice there was more than one station so if one signal was weak we connected through another no problem so much so I video called my 96 year old father in Belfast on Skype every night.
The pool was medium sized spotlessly clean, we did know about the gym and spa but that was not of interest to us so we did not investigate. The 'Palace' is in a quiet area but if you look in a 500 metre radius there are several bars and eating places, we tended to use Tony's bar a couple of hundred metres to the top of the road, the traffic is frenetic and around half five to half six we used to watch the spectacle unfold before going for dinner. A great place to eat for lunch we found to be Donna Rosa 100 metres from the hotel Enzo the perfect host and the food sublime especially his mum's ravioli and Lasagne.
Sorrento is a twenty minute walk away by the 'safe route' i.e. t/r out of hotel and t/l at top of the road to t'r you take your life in your hands. We didn't use the bus we found it easier to pay €1.30 and you're there in 3 or 4 mins to the middle of Sorrento. Plenty to see in Sorrento high walled streets so comfortably cooler, loads of bars/restauants to choose from, we lunched at Blu Water a couple of times especially liked their Large beer (it's a stein).
Plenty of things to see Coach trip to The Amalphi coast a must, Capri a must Pompei, Vesuvius and Herculaneum a short train ride away.
So if you're looking for a good hotel that is clean, serves great food with very friendly staff in a quiet area to be a base for your exploring we highly recommend the Hotel Majestic Palace.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immersed in a big park by citrus groves and beautiful villas, the Hotel Majestic Palace welcomes its guests in a refined and warm atmosphere at the same time. Thanks to its location, within walking distance from the sea and the main square of Sorrento, the Hotel is the ideal starting point for discovering the most beautiful and evocative sights of Sorrento area, Amalfi, Capri, Pompeii, etc., to spend in short, a seaside vacation culture or relaxing moments. Built in a Mediterranean style, the Hotel Majestic Palace has large indoor and outdoor spaces. Attention to even the smallest details, the Majestic Palace Hotel offers to the guests excellent services and facilities: pool restaurant at lunch, pizzeria, Don Geppi Restaurant open for dinner, swimming pool with Jacuzzi, solarium, beauty center and possibility to enjoy beautiful excursions by sea and by land. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Majestic Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Majestic Palace
- Majestic Palace Sorrento
- Majestic Palace Sant Agnello
- Majestic Palace Hotel Italy/Province Of Naples