We stayed at the end of the season. The staff were excellent and very helpful. I'm glad we chose to stay at this hotel as it was away from the main road, the Corso Italia, which was very busy, and so there was virtually no traffic noise. It was still near town, and a reasonably short walk to Sorrento (~20 minutes). The pavements are quite narrow in places and I'm not sure I would want to do the walk with a pushchair or small children but you could always get the bus or train.
Breakfast was a varied buffet including cooked food, while dinner was more formal with waiter service. The food was good and the portion sizes very generous and there was a nice atmosphere. There were three different choices for the starter and main course and a selecion of mini desserts to choose from each day. They also had a vegetarian menu available on request, although one of options for a main course was a plate of different cheeses. The food is not typically Italian although they did have pasta/risotto on the menu a few times.
It is worth noting that they do not provide any free drinks with the evening meals, a bottle of water was 2.5 euros and the cheapest bottle of wine was 20 euros although I have to admit it was very nice. Fruit juice and hot drinks were provided at breakfast.
The hotel was a good base for exploring the surrounding area and the train station was a short walk away. We didn't spend a lot of time in the hotel during the day, we dipped our toes in the pool one day but decided it was a bit too cold. There were also quite a few ants around the pool area and the roof terraces. There were lots in the garden, presumably eating the fruit from the orange trees and we got bitten quite a few times when we went out there.
Our room was nothing special but was spacious and comfortable with twin beds, an ensuite bathroom and balcony with a pleasant view over the gardens. You could choose between thin curtains or wooden shutters depending on if you wanted a lie-in. The room was kept fairly clean although we did get a few ants in the room towards the end of the week.
Overall we enjoyed our stay but I'm not sure I would want to go back as we did most of the things we wanted to do in the local area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immersed in a big park by citrus groves and beautiful villas, the Hotel Majestic Palace welcomes its guests in a refined and warm atmosphere at the same time. Thanks to its location, within walking distance from the sea and the main square of Sorrento, the Hotel is the ideal starting point for discovering the most beautiful and evocative sights of Sorrento area, Amalfi, Capri, Pompeii, etc., to spend in short, a seaside vacation culture or relaxing moments. Built in a Mediterranean style, the Hotel Majestic Palace has large indoor and outdoor spaces. Attention to even the smallest details, the Majestic Palace Hotel offers to the guests excellent services and facilities: pool restaurant at lunch, pizzeria, Don Geppi Restaurant open for dinner, swimming pool with Jacuzzi, solarium, beauty center and possibility to enjoy beautiful excursions by sea and by land. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Hotels.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Majestic Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Majestic Palace
- Majestic Palace Sorrento
- Majestic Palace Sant Agnello
- Majestic Palace Hotel Italy/Province Of Naples