From the moment we arrived to the moment we left the staff were fantastic. The guys on reception were always helpful and nothing was too much trouble. Nice people doing a hard job. The food was excellent and the waiter service brilliant. Angelina and Pepe served us the majority of the time and they couldn't have been more helpful. Good luck with your exams Pepe. They really do have an unenviable task of pleasing the guests and making their stay pleasurable. The pool is very deep but there is an area to the side where you can sit and take in the rays. The Amalfi Coast is fantastic but the buses can be a bit scary. A visit to Capri is a trip worth taking and make sure you take a boat trip around the island. The ticket office adjacent to the boat landing platform is the best option. It's a large boat and takes to the waves better than the smaller boats. The Majestic Palace is quite away from Sorrento so take the buses. Doesn't cost a lot and well worth saving the 30 minute walk. Buses at the back of the hotel (turn left out of the hotel) run straight into the port. Buses at the front, on the main road, run into the centre of town. Sometimes you have to wait for them but not a real problem. Only down side were three of the guests. One old rather short man, accused me of taking his sun chair when there was no-one sitting in it. Boy, could he go on. Time to get a life. Guests said that he was a very rude man. Another chubby woman who had nothing to do with the argument joined in and said that we had sat on 5 chairs since they had been there. Must have been watching us. Very sad….. The worst was a rather overweight brit who after the argument said in the morning at breakfast to new guests that it was much more civilised now, referring to the sunbeds. What he neglected to say was that he was always first in the queue in the morning and he and his wife left their sunbeds for hours at a time. Other guests also said that he was a hypocrite and they would go out of their way to avoid him. They all must base their holidays on whether or not they can get a sunbed. Anyway it was the end of our holiday and it doesn't detract from this marvellous little hotel. If you get a chance go there you won't be disappointed. Make sure you visit Tony's bar at the top of the road. Brilliant place and Tony is a fantastic Italian.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immersed in a big park by citrus groves and beautiful villas, the Hotel Majestic Palace welcomes its guests in a refined and warm atmosphere at the same time. Thanks to its location, within walking distance from the sea and the main square of Sorrento, the Hotel is the ideal starting point for discovering the most beautiful and evocative sights of Sorrento area, Amalfi, Capri, Pompeii, etc., to spend in short, a seaside vacation culture or relaxing moments. Built in a Mediterranean style, the Hotel Majestic Palace has large indoor and outdoor spaces. Attention to even the smallest details, the Majestic Palace Hotel offers to the guests excellent services and facilities: pool restaurant at lunch, pizzeria, Don Geppi Restaurant open for dinner, swimming pool with Jacuzzi, solarium, beauty center and possibility to enjoy beautiful excursions by sea and by land. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TravelUp, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Majestic Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Majestic Palace
- Majestic Palace Sorrento
- Majestic Palace Sant Agnello
- Majestic Palace Hotel Italy/Province Of Naples