This is an excellent hotel. The bedrooms are large, well appointed with large balconies.
overlooking the Bay of Naples. The lounges are spacious and the pool (although often in the shade) is very pleasant. The staff were friendly and helpful. We only had breakfast in our package but it was quite comprehensive with limitless cups of strong coffee. We tried dinner one evening but were not so impressed. Around the hotel are many restaurants which we felt offered better value.
However, the biggest plus for the hotel is its location. It is in the town of Sant Agnello which is about 25 minutes walk, on level ground, into Sorrento. Sant Agnello has a reasonable number of restaurants (especially down towards the sea) and shops; and regarding transport it has a station on the train line between Naples and Sorrento., and is also well served with frequent buses into Sorrento. If you turn left outside the hotel in a few minutes walk you reach a viewing platform with spectacular views across the bay. Sorrento we felt was quite commercialised and the hotels seemed to be either in town which would be noisy, or further around the bay or up on the surrounding hill both of which would make walking quite exhausting. Sant Agnello provided the small town atmosphere but within easy reach of the centre of Sorrento.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immersed in a big park by citrus groves and beautiful villas, the Hotel Majestic Palace welcomes its guests in a refined and warm atmosphere at the same time. Thanks to its location, within walking distance from the sea and the main square of Sorrento, the Hotel is the ideal starting point for discovering the most beautiful and evocative sights of Sorrento area, Amalfi, Capri, Pompeii, etc., to spend in short, a seaside vacation culture or relaxing moments. Built in a Mediterranean style, the Hotel Majestic Palace has large indoor and outdoor spaces. Attention to even the smallest details, the Majestic Palace Hotel offers to the guests excellent services and facilities: pool restaurant at lunch, pizzeria, Don Geppi Restaurant open for dinner, swimming pool with Jacuzzi, solarium, beauty center and possibility to enjoy beautiful excursions by sea and by land. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Majestic Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Majestic Palace
- Majestic Palace Sorrento
- Majestic Palace Sant Agnello
- Majestic Palace Hotel Italy/Province Of Naples