We just got back from the Amalfi Coast and the Villa Garden Hotel was our "home base". We went to a property around the corner and when that didn't work out, they suggested we check out the VIlla Garden, a 2 minute walk away. SO, we literally walked in off the street with no prior knowledge of this hotel.
Just from the small, clean, reception area we were impressed. You can see a black, gleaming, baby grand piano in the corner of their adjacent bar / lounging area as you walk in.
They showed us what our room would be if we took it. When the bellman opened the door and we saw this large suite we were ready to take it. Then he opened the electric window shutters to show us the view of the Mediterranean literally across a narrow street and DUH !, we couldn't say "no".
The room cost more than we had budgeted for "the Coast" but was approximately the same price as a 3 star hotel in Rome, so we took it. That being said, the value between the Roman 3 star and this property is not even comparable. Our VIlla Garden room was unbelievably spacious... 3 rooms really ! A small entrance, a nice sized bedroom, a 'parlour', TV, sitting area and a large bathroom (with a bathtub, something we hadn't seen in Italy for the entire 12 days we had been in Italy up to that point... not to mention it was a 2 person jacuzzi !). There is a safe in your room, hidden in the wall behind a painting, a la James Bond !
This is a first class hotel. The owners are often there. Gabriella and Paola are extremely helpful and have paid a lot of attention to details. There is a lovely pool area / garden, 2 pianos, a billiards table, a computer (with reliable, pay-per-use Internet) and a spectacular, Mediterranean-overlooking terrasse where they serve an amazing (included in the daily rate) breakfast (and other meals, if you reserve ahead).
There are a couple of very good restaurants near the property that you can easily walk to. People come from all over town to look out at the view of the Bay of Naples that you can stare out at from your hotel window ! The 'visitors' were all very discreet and if you didn't look down from your ocean view, you wouldn't know they were there.
I would not hesitate AT ALL to reserve at the Villa Garden. It was the showcase hotel of our 4 city Italian vacation.
There is one thing we noticed and in the interest of full disclosure I feel compelled to mention it since it MIGHT be a deal-breaker to some of you. This is an extremely clean hotel, however, you will occasionally notice tiny, tiny ants on the floor or in the bathroom.
As long as we don't see any "wildlife" in or near the bed, or the capacity to get there, we don't see this as a big problem and were not bothered by a few ants. In all fairness, there is a very good chance the problem exists (and may even be worse) at any number of hotels in the area.
Garry from Montreal
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Garden is a refined boutique hotel located in the Peninsula of Sorrento, on a rocky spur directly above the sea. The breathtaking panorama one enjoys from the Belvedere encompasses the entire Bay of Naples, with the majestic Vesuvius, the gentle hills and the picturesque villages dotted along the coast immersed in the luscious green vegetation. A real corner of Paradise, where the ancient Romans built a splendid villa and where the great European painters of the 17th and 18th century came to seek inspiration for their magnificent paintings. Today this is the ideal place for relaxing and romantic stays, to discover Sorrento, Capri, Pompeii, the Amalfi Coast and other gems of this blessed land. The villa has been completely restructured but in full respect of the original architecture. It's 19 rooms are finely furnished, many of these have balcony and sea view. The personal care of the owners, the courtesy of the Staff, the intimate and elegant atmosphere, make of Villa Garden a "Hotel de Charme". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Villa Garden Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Garden Hotel Sant Agnello
- Villa Garden Hotel Italy/Province Of Naples