We spent 5 nights in Room 205 (small balcony with sea view) and thoroughly loved every minute of our stay. We spent our first wedding anniversary in Sorrento and decided to return for our 3rd. We wanted to avoid the traffic noise and we were thus thrilled with the quiet Hotel Villa Garden.
We didn't use the fitness center, but it looked quite nice. The pool area and garden is lovely. The hotel provides pool towels free of charge and they even have a bottle of sunscreen for guests to use. The breakfast (custom and a buffet) is fabulous and is served on a glassed-in terrace with amazing views of the sea. The staff is fantastic and they are all multi-lingual. The rooms were quite comfortable and we loved being away from the traffic noise that haunts Sorrento and even the hotels up on Via Capo. The walk from the hotel to Piazza Tasso in central Sorrento took about 30 minutes (we are athletic and set a brisk pace, if you stroll it is more like 40 minutes). You can also take the bus that picks up near the hotel for 1€ per trip. The hotel provides you with a bus schedule and they also sell bus tickets. The hotel is about a 12 minute walk from the Sant' Agnello circumvesuviana station (the train running to Sorrento, Naples, Pompei, Herculaneum, etc). The station usually just has one ticket counter open so try to arrive at least 10 minutes before the train you want to take departs as we had to wait in line several times. We enjoyed eating at Pizzeria Aurora (50 types of pizza) just off Piazza Tasso in central Sorrento.
Other Notes about the hotel - there is a mini fridge in your room but guests are "forbidden" to put anything of their own in the fridge, internet access is 30 minutes for 3€, the hotel will happily set up any and all excursions you might want to take, laundry service is pretty expensive (4€ for a pair of socks??!!), the beds are very comfortable, the shutters in the room are great for keeping out light and noise, extra pillows are provided, there is an elevator, the air conditioning is great.
Overall impression - wonderful hotel for a romantic stay, very reasonably priced for Sorrento, we will be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Garden is a refined boutique hotel located in the Peninsula of Sorrento, on a rocky spur directly above the sea. The breathtaking panorama one enjoys from the Belvedere encompasses the entire Bay of Naples, with the majestic Vesuvius, the gentle hills and the picturesque villages dotted along the coast immersed in the luscious green vegetation. A real corner of Paradise, where the ancient Romans built a splendid villa and where the great European painters of the 17th and 18th century came to seek inspiration for their magnificent paintings. Today this is the ideal place for relaxing and romantic stays, to discover Sorrento, Capri, Pompeii, the Amalfi Coast and other gems of this blessed land. The villa has been completely restructured but in full respect of the original architecture. It's 19 rooms are finely furnished, many of these have balcony and sea view. The personal care of the owners, the courtesy of the Staff, the intimate and elegant atmosphere, make of Villa Garden a "Hotel de Charme". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HRS so you can book your Villa Garden Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Garden Hotel Sant Agnello
- Villa Garden Hotel Italy/Province Of Naples