All reviewsbreakfast roombay of naplesthe cliffoverlooking the baynothing is too much troubleour honeymooncannot recommend this hotel highly enoughthe buswonderful hotelsmall hotelstunning viewsa family run hotelmount vesuviusoverlooking the waterbreakfast is servedwatch the sunsetbreakfast was excellent
Reviewed 19 June 2007

We spent 5 nights in Room 205 (small balcony with sea view) and thoroughly loved every minute of our stay. We spent our first wedding anniversary in Sorrento and decided to return for our 3rd. We wanted to avoid the traffic noise and we were thus thrilled with the quiet Hotel Villa Garden.
We didn't use the fitness center, but it looked quite nice. The pool area and garden is lovely. The hotel provides pool towels free of charge and they even have a bottle of sunscreen for guests to use. The breakfast (custom and a buffet) is fabulous and is served on a glassed-in terrace with amazing views of the sea. The staff is fantastic and they are all multi-lingual. The rooms were quite comfortable and we loved being away from the traffic noise that haunts Sorrento and even the hotels up on Via Capo. The walk from the hotel to Piazza Tasso in central Sorrento took about 30 minutes (we are athletic and set a brisk pace, if you stroll it is more like 40 minutes). You can also take the bus that picks up near the hotel for 1€ per trip. The hotel provides you with a bus schedule and they also sell bus tickets. The hotel is about a 12 minute walk from the Sant' Agnello circumvesuviana station (the train running to Sorrento, Naples, Pompei, Herculaneum, etc). The station usually just has one ticket counter open so try to arrive at least 10 minutes before the train you want to take departs as we had to wait in line several times. We enjoyed eating at Pizzeria Aurora (50 types of pizza) just off Piazza Tasso in central Sorrento.
Other Notes about the hotel - there is a mini fridge in your room but guests are "forbidden" to put anything of their own in the fridge, internet access is 30 minutes for 3€, the hotel will happily set up any and all excursions you might want to take, laundry service is pretty expensive (4€ for a pair of socks??!!), the beds are very comfortable, the shutters in the room are great for keeping out light and noise, extra pillows are provided, there is an elevator, the air conditioning is great.

Overall impression - wonderful hotel for a romantic stay, very reasonably priced for Sorrento, we will be back!

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Artemis02
Reviewed 19 June 2007

My wife and I stayed here in April of 07'. The hotel is the front row of homes and hotels on the ocean. The views are incredible. We requested room #105 because of the large balcony and we were not disappointed. The breakfast was very good and it was nice to have an American style breakfast with eggs.

It was a little off the beaten path, but there were a few restaurants close to the hotel. It was a 15-20 minute walk into Sorrento. We did a day trip to Capri, it was very beautiful, but full of tourists. We had a car and drove to the Amalfi Coast and stopped at Positano and Amalfi. That was the highlight of our trip, the city of Amalfi was picture perfect set in the step mountains right on the ocean. The drive has to be top 5 in the world along the Amalfi Coast.

Overall the hotel was very nice, it was clean, the bathrooms were nice, and the views were fantastic. I would recommend the hotel to people looking for a quiet vacation.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled with family
3  Thank Surfer08
Reviewed 13 May 2007

We first came to Villa Garden in 2001 with our 3 children and vowed to return someday. Our most recent stay with our close friends was just as enjoyable as our first.

Though this hotel is a 4 star, it acts and feels like a 5 star in every way. The staff are just so accomodating and the hotel is always kept immaculately.

If you are going to Sorrento and want to be a little removed from the hustle and bustle of the town and the buzzing of the vespas stay at the Villa Garden. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled with friends
4  Thank Martinojct
Reviewed 15 March 2007

I took way too long to write this review. We took an amazing trip to Italy and I knew I wanted to stay in Sorrento. I did A LOT of research prior to going on this trip – reading every review possible. We didn’t want to slum it on this trip and opted for nice but not over the top hotels. I booked with Hotel Villa Garden which I found out isn’t in central Sorrento, but a neighboring city called Sant’agnello. It was a GREAT hotel with beautiful views of the sea, Mt. Vesuvius AND the Sorrento Cliffside which was breathtaking!!

1)Hotel – BEAUTIFUL. A nice pool with lots of lounge chairs, game room downstairs that we didn’t take advantage of b/c there’s so much to do in Sorrento, wonderful front desk and breakfast (so good – one of the better breakfasts we had), and our room – AMAZING. I think the room was # 105. I called ahead and requested a room with a big balcony on the seaside after reading a previous review. The hotel is waterfront with gorgeous gorgeous views! When we first arrived, we came early and our room wasn’t ready so they took our bags and went to the pool. While poolside I noticed a huge balcony in the front of the hotel with tables on it. I pointed it out to my boyfriend and we figured it was where everyone ate breakfast. When our room was ready, they took us to our room and that balcony was OUR personal balcony. It was HUGE HUGE HUGE! We were so impressed and my boyfriend was thrilled that I did all the research. For breakfast, we went down and ordered our eggs, capps, and piled plates with yummy bread, fruit, meat and cheese, etc and asked to have our bfast upstairs. They offered to take it all up for us but we asked for a tray bc we were fully capable of taking it up ourselves. We ate on our balcony and 5 minutes later, our eggs arrived! It was a dream!! Their restaurant recommendations were great (one place that started with a ‘Z’ and is on the water and we also ate at Red Lion. Get lunch/drink at Fauno Bar!

2)You CAN walk to Sorrento (15-20 minutes), but they also have a bus that comes to a nearby stop (a block away) to take you there (less than 5 minute ride). The hotel will provide you with a schedule. Also at that bus stop, you can take the most picturesque views of the Sorrento Cliffside. Additionally, there’s a beach there and all you need to do is take the stairs down. We rented a scooter – do it! so fun! We took the bus once into Sorrento, rented a scooter and drove that around everywhere. Once in Sorrento, go down the main shopping street and before the lemon grove (on the left) you’ll see a little parking lot on the right with several guys chilling with scooters. Rent from them – great guys. They gave my bf a “training” session. From there we drove further along the coastline and it was truly truly beautiful! Easy to park the scooter ANYWHERE and surprisingly safe to drive!! We took it everywhere we went until we had to return it – I think my bf was about to cry. hahaha

3) Take a day trip to Capri (leaving around 10am) and coming back around 4-5pm. That was all we needed! Sit outside on the ferry to take pics of the Cliffside and as you’re approaching Capri. We spent most of our time in Anacapri and took the chairlift to Monte Solaro for more great pics and views (espec of the Faraglioni Rocks). We didn’t do the blue grotto bc my friend said it was WAY overrated and overpriced. We had lunch in Anacapri and shopped in the cute stores. I would recommend taking the taxi instead of the bus (20 EUROS each way) to Anacapri – the bus was SO overcrowded and uncomfortable looking. They have convertible cabbies – such a pleasant ride with scenic views! I think there’s much more to do and see in Sorrento/Almalfi Coast, but Capri deserves a day trip!

I would post pics but I dont have them saved on this comp. Will try to later! Enjoy enjoy - one of our most amazing trips. I also loved the hotels we stayed at in Rome, florence, and Bellagio (lake Como). Will write reviews on those soon!!

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled as a couple
8  Thank uvababy
Reviewed 25 September 2006

We stayed at the Hotel Villa Garden May 19-22, 2006 and couldn't have been happier! Beautiful hotel, very well maintained, beautiful pool area, excellent hotel staff, and great location. There are many good restaurants within walking distance, and Sorrento is only about a 20 minute walk.

The room was very clean, big bathroom, and french doors leading out to our balcony with a view of the bay of Naples. We also loved the rolling shutters that completely blocked out all light from outside when closed. There were only a couple minor irritations-the central air in the room didn't work very well. Even at the lowest setting it never really cooled the room off. Also there is no traditional shower in the bathroom which made getting ready rather interesting. There is a tub with a hand-held shower head in it. At first I tried standing and using it but I got water EVERYWHERE, so I sat in the tub and just used it to rinse off. I only mention this so that others are aware and can be prepared for this. Neither of these issues would deter me from staying here again in the future.

The free daily breakfast was wonderful, and the breakfast room has an incredible view of the bay of Naples. Even though there wasn't a huge selection, each day there was something a little bit different set out, and then you can always order eggs from the menu. Overall, a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: May 2006, travelled as a couple