“Loved every minute of it!! Will be going back!!”
Review of Hotel Londra

Hotel Londra
Ranked #19 of 19 Hotels in Sant'Agnello
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Loved every minute of it!! Will be going back!!”
Reviewed 20 June 2011

Me and my boyfriend stayed in this hotel for 6 nights when we went to Sorrento for a wedding. We couldn’t of picked a nicer more friendlier place to stay. We were on a budget so that is why we chose this hotel as it was a reasonable price. We couldn’t of been happier with our choice. The hotel itself was lovely. It was quite dated in its style but that didn't bother us. The rooms were very clean and cleaned every day with fresh towels, They were also quite basic with a wardrobe, dressing table and 2 side tables, small bathroom and balcony. Our balcony over looked the entrance into the hotel so being quite near the road found it quite noisy but were out quite a lot so didn’t bother us. The only fault with the room was the shower. Brilliant shower but the smallest cubicle I have ever been in. I am 5’7 and a size 12 and couldn’t bend down to pick shampoo etc up. It was tiny. I had to put the shower on wet my hair, turn shower off, get shampoo, shampoo hair outside the cubicle and then get back in the shower and turn it back on. It was funny though and just got on with it. However my 6’3 boyfriend found it a nightmare.

We were half board at the hotel and the food was fabulous. We ate in the hotel for every meal apart from the night of the wedding where they gave us a packed lunch instead. The breakfast was quite basic, cereals, bread rolls, ham cheese, salami, cakes and pastries. But that again suited us fine as you could eat of much as you wanted. In the morning they would give you a menu where you picked a starter and a main for your evening meal. There was around 5 starters and mains to choose from and the menu was different every night. The food was incredible and the portions were huge and they always asked if you wanted more which I couldn’t ever say yes as I was so full already! There was also a choice of desserts, a different cake every night, ice cream or fresh fruit. We never felt the need to eat out as there was always so much on the menu.

The pool was a reasonable size, kept clean and with enough sun beds round it. The area around was very peaceful and was a very relaxing place to chill out. A small area under shelter with tables and chairs were also there if you didn’t want to sunbathe.

Overall the hotel was just what we needed. For those people who are not to bothered about it not being posh and modern, and just want a nice, clean friendly place to stay this is the place for you. The only problem is its about a 12-15 minute walk into the main square and to the port/beach. But if your like me and need to burn all that pizza and ice cream off it wont bother you. Just make sure that you take a sensible/comfy pair of shoes to walk in. Because taxis are VERY expensive!!!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jane C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Wexford
Reviewed 13 June 2011

My wife & I are just back from a lovely week in Sorrento. We were half board in Hotel Londra. We read the reviews and & found most to be accurate. The room we were allocated did not have a balcony & the shower looked small but adequate so we asked to be moved. This was arranged foe €25 extra but proved worth it as we used it a lot. There was a bath in this room with a shower attacked but no shower curtin - this did not create any problem.
The hotel was a 20 minute walk to Sorrento. The breakfast was not great - only bread, ham cheese & fruit. We did not have a problem with this as we were only there for one week. The evening meals were very good & there was a great variety of dishes. A half bottle of local wine was €4 & was quite nice. The restauraunt staff were friendly & efficient at all times.
We spent two days by the pool and were on our own most of that time. The pool itself was very clean & there were approx. 20 sunbeds. We had lunch from the snack bar on both days & were happy with what we got.
The hotel is dated and as a previous reviewer pointed has loads of pictures of the same view of Sorrento - but to be honest we did not spend a lot of time looking at them. Our room was attended to every day with towels & bed linen changed.
This is no 5 star hotel but we did not pay 5 star prices. We were very happy with it & would not hesitate to fo back there. However it would not be suitable for children as they would be bored
We booked with Topflight who were very professional. The only crib we found was that on Topflight site they say that there were hairdriers provided which was not the case in either of the rooms we were in.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank KeenWexford
East Midlands
Reviewed 12 June 2011

My partner and I stayed here for 7 nights and the positives are that the hotel and our room was kept very clean - the cleaners always had a smile for us each morning

The room was large, with a veranda and had a view over the pool with mountains in the background

It would have been fine for 1 or 2 nights but over a week some things began to get us down

The decor overall is dated, there are a number of pictures in the hallway which are all the same (perhaps they brought them as a job lot)! The narrow bathroom had a shower which was awkward, over the bath with no screen or curtain, so water flooded the floor and my tall partner really had a problem using it

We looked forward to breakfast less each day - in a town FULL of orange and lemon trees, the juice was reconstituted and quite unpleasant, milk for cereals never seemed cold, the bread was dry, there was cheap 'ham-type' meat and rubbery cheese slices, stale tasting croissant-type pastries then the addition of cake or large jam tarts

There was a restaurant in the hotel, but the breakfast put us right off even trying it

The 25 minute walk could not be called a stroll into Sorrento - so be warned. Oh and car parking is 10 euros a day too and of course you also pay extra for air con

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Stillblond
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 May 2011

Friendly staff at this hotel did not make up for the fact that the food was absolutely awful and the rooms decidedly lack-lustre.
We had looked forward to a week of Italian food, which we both love and have enjoyed so much on previous Italian holidays. But at the Londra dinners were tasteless, unappetising and used very little in the way of fresh produce - and this in an area renowned for the quality of its fruit and vegetables! No fresh juice was to be had at breakfast, which was a poor affair - stale buns, processed cheese and reformed ham. Even the coffee was unspeakable.
We were on a half-board rate, so were rather stuck with it, but were driven to visiting other restaurants during the week, if only to retain our sanity. Our experience at this hotel could easily have ruined our entire holiday.
The room was OK, but poorly-furnished, and would have benefited from tea/coffee-making facilities. There was no hair dryer and the shower cubicle was ridiculously small.
There was also a distinct lack of literature about the area in the hotel.
From reading reviews of this hotel from as far back as 2004, I can see that it has been the same for a number of years - and obviously the management has no intention of reacting to adverse criticism, however constructive this may be.
Well, the Londra must be getting something right, as it's still in business. But you only need to visit once, don't you, then they've got your money . Shame on you, Londra - you give Italy - and Italians - a bad name.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank mareabee

Travellers are raving about these Sant'Agnello hotels

Birkenhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 April 2011

Travelling with 40 students and 4 staff, we found this hotel perfectly set up for the needs of a large, English speaking party. The hotel staff were very friendly and excellent English speakers. We felt very well looked after throughout out stay. Importantly for a school group, the hotel felt safe and all fire equipment etc was very well maintained. Food was fine (if unspectacular) and the hotel was very clean and well looked after. It was the perfect base for our trips to Naples, Pompeii, Herculaneum and Vesuvius, while in the evenings, the hotel was situated just 15 minutes walk from Sorrento's bustling centre. My students were also delighted by the hotel's free wifi, allowing them to stay in touch with home more easily. I would definitely recommend this hotel to other school parties and will certainly use it again myself. I would also be happy to use this hotel for my own family holidays.

Room Tip: Drinks not included with meals (even water)
  • Stayed April 2011
2 Thank Impresidente
Scotland
Reviewed 11 October 2010

I had read so many negative reviews on this hotel that I was becoming worried about visiting. I should not have bothered. We had a very comfortable bed in a clean and well decorated room. The dining room staff could not have been more pleasant and the other staff were also very approachable. We found the meals to be more than adequate for our needs. All in all, I would certainly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank LindaSi
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 August 2010

Before me and my family went on this holiday I read all these reviews and the negative ones made me very worried. I wanted to write this to give you the truth about Hotel Londra.
Firstly it is in a nice area which is about a 2 min walk to the seafront, 5 mins to Sant Agnello (which is a fairly small but nice town with a train station which gets you very cheap return tickets to many places such as Vesuvius, Herculaneum and Pompeii - around 4 Euro's). It is about 20 mins walk to Sorrento but there is a bus stop right outside the hotel and they run about every 30 mins in a circular to Sorrento for around 3 Euros.
The staff at the hotel are lovely, particularly the wait staff in the restaurant and the female manager who loved looking at pictures of my young niece and nephew back home.
The décor in the hotel is dated but charming. The rooms and hotel in general is kept very clean and the pool is immaculate. The pool is a good size and never very busy. There are plenty of sun loungers and chairs around the pool and although some people do tend to get them early it was all very polite and the pool boy will help if further loungers need getting out.
The room are dated but the beds are comfy and there is enough storage and most rooms have some outside space. The showers are comically small but manageable with - I'm not a small person and I managed.
We ate nearly every day and the food is excellent. The breakfast is nothing excited but the so called 'stale' bread is actually just nice crusty bread, soft inside, there is lovely tasting fruit (although it doesn't look appealing), meats, cheese, juices and cakes. You also get really good coffee or tea. The evening meals are fantastic. A choice of 5 starts, 5 main courses and a cake-based pudding, fruit or delicious ice-cream. The food here is superb and very authentically Italian. There is usually a fish course, plenty of pasta varieties and the risottos are to die for. The best risotto I've ever had!!
I would recommend boat or coach trips to Amalfi. You need a full day for Pompeii as it is huge. Going to Vesuvius is great but only do it if you are relatively fit. Sorrento itself is lovely and there is a cafe which is like a beautiful garden (I believe called Latino) which is great. Try their White Chocolate Crepes and their 'Latino Dream'. Which is Lemon crushed ice and fresh orange juice.
Capri is very beautiful and if you like heights there is a chair lift you can do for £12 Euro’s.
Anyway, back to the hotel. This is a relaxing, calming, well cleaned and staffed establishment that I would recommend to anyone. It is basic so don’t expect the Ritz – but worth it for the area and vibe. The roads are noisy at night and so that does take some getting used to but it wouldn’t put me off going again. If you are a light sleep make sure you ask for a room which is not on an external wall and you should be fine. You do have to pay extra for air con at 7 Euro’s a night. They overcharged us for the 3 times we used this but when we made them aware they altered it without question. The bar is well stocked, liqueurs and whiskey is around 5 Euro’s a shot (which is probably a double).
Overall this is a fairly quiet, peaceful and charming hotel. We’d go again and the area is stunning. We worth it!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
8 Thank Waterbaby0401
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sant'Agnello
Hotel Florida
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,248 reviews
Hotel Zi Teresa
Hotel Zi Teresa
#66 of 100 in Sorrento

Been to Hotel Londra? Share your experiences!