“A Wonderful Holiday - Memories to Treasure for all ways”

Hotel Club Sorrento
Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in Sant'Agnello
London, United Kingdom
“A Wonderful Holiday - Memories to Treasure for all ways”
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I/We (Single mom and son with neuro disabilities) are seasoned travellers, and like our creature comforts, this wonderful family run hotel, provided us with comfort, security and ambience. Luigi, Marco and Franco we just brilliant, including Laura. Always supporting us, feeding us, and offering to feed my son at odd times. The Hotel is professionally run, clean and warming, the rooms were adequate for our needs, being in Italy and travelling, we did not need more than a warming basic room as we were always out and about. We stayed pool side, and had an amazing view of the hill sides. The pervious reviews focused on the train, however having the train in the back ground was brilliant, as we felt part of the community and part of the whole experience. Franco (aka) the next Prime minister of Italy was just wonderful with my kiss every morning, my son was treated with respect and approach. Pool service was good. What impressed me most was that the food was genuinely home cooked and fresh, this was noted down to the real "French fries" no frozen rubbish. Any Hotel willing to make fresh fries is a winner. The food was fresh, real and excellent, however the portions were massive, then again I don't eat a lot. The food was brilliant, so well done to the Chef. The Breakfast was interesting a combo of continental and Italian. Its always difficult to give a clear review when a family run business is at the fore, however for the size of the hotel, the professional approach, etiquette and friendly manner, were just what was needed. After all unless you book into a hotel to just sleep and not explore the most amazing surroundings, one only needs the hotel to be comfortable and atmospheric. It delivered all and more. Highly recommended. It don't get emotional when I leave places, however I did this year. We were situated in St.Agnello, 10 mins from Sorrento, we took day drips to different beaches, we did Rome, Positano, Amalfi (a must see) Ravelo, please and and walk down the Sorrento side streets, take in some music just be. As in those famous lyrics by Pavarotti, "Come back to Sorrento" We sure will.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Jannymoo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Myself and my partner returned from a week’s holiday staying at this hotel. Like last year, after reading some of the reviews on here I was very worried. Like last year I didn’t need to.
I have seen footage, photos of the hotel and I believe them. I believe that this is how Hotel Club used to look BUT I also believe that either the people running it have had a big telling off or it has changed ownership. I believe the latter to be true for many reasons – the main been that the hotel was very clean whilst I was there, the owner told me how he has already renovated some of the rooms and plans to continue doing so over the Winter (including installing a new swimming pool) and finally the amount of work these people do, it’s hard to believe that standards would be poor.
The hotel is run by the same family all of whom are very friendly. I did not learn everyone’s names but the manager was Luigi, his brother was Marco and his Grandfather was Franco. All of whom work at the hotel. The rooms were cleaned by a couple of ladies (one of whom works in the bar) and the bar is manned by all the above as well as a younger lady and an older man (possibly Dad?). There were also two other family members working at the hotel and a chef.
I never used the swimming pool as I had an ear infection (this was not caught at the hotel, I had it before I went) but my balcony overlooked it. I watched the pool getting cleaned twice a day, every day and the water tested. I also watched the gardens, loungers, tables etc getting washed every day. It was sparkling.
Food – well it is ok but will be honest it is not the hotels high point though the staff couldn’t do enough for you. A few times I asked to take my breakfast to my room to eat on the balcony and they were more than obliging. Breakfast is a buffest consisting of fruits, cheese, ham, bread, croissants, cakes and pastries baked on site. All very fresh – no evidence of bread rolls been put back if uneaten! The evening meal was basic and to be honest, didn’t make me think “Italy” so you may want to consider swapping evening meal for lunch and eating out at the nearby “Moonlight Restaurant”. The menu usually consisted of a salad, pasta (though quite bland), omelette and meat dish. All these were accompanied by lettuce, tomato and potato along with a side salad of lettuce and tomato!! You got what you were given for dessert and had no choice.
Room – basic but clean. I would say some of the furniture is looking dated but like I have already said, the hotel is going through a period of refurbishment and as they say “Rome wasn’t built in a day”. Each room had a bed, bedside table at each side, wardrobe, a dressing table and desk. On the balcony were a couple of chairs and a table. There is a TV in the room but no good unless you understand Italian television. The bathroom is immaculate and as soaps and gels are used they are replaced. Rooms are cleaned every day and bedding replaced.
I was in room 204 – right next door to the train line but it stops early and you get used to it to be honest. Once you are in your room, you can’t hear it. The bells go off every 15 minutes but as with the train you get used to it and barely hear them.
The main charm about this hotel has to be its fantastic staff. All of whom are some of the most hardworking people I have ever met. Franco is your stereotypical man who will kiss you on the hand every morning (unless you are male and then he offers to “punch you in the nose” – said jokingly to my partner who said he wasn’t going to let Franco kiss his hand). All staff work very long hours yet are always smiling and obliging. They really do make your holiday.
The hotel is in a great location and it is easy to travel to many places in the country.
Hotel Club isn’t a palace (yet) but I really think they are heading in the right direction. I would go back at the drop of a hat!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank polly2P1979
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Had a very enjoyable 2 weeks at this hotel recently (July/Aug 2013). All staff were friendly, welcoming and very accommodating, particularly Franco who would insist on kissing our hands every time he saw us - very amusing. The room was clean and spacious even though we had 3 single beds in it. Beds were made every day and the bathroom was cleaned with towels changed. Food wasn't great and the pool area is small but this is more than made up by the attentiveness of the staff - they cannot do enough for you. The train track is very close but on no occasion did it wake us or interfere with our sleep in any way - ditto the church bells. Close by is a small square with a wonderful bar Il Buon Buccone where you can get reasonably priced food and drink. The owners are wonderful and it is the perfect place to revive yourself after a long day sightseeing before getting ready for dinner - enjoy the antics of the completely mad scooter drivers of all ages! So much to see and do here and this hotel and location are ideal bases for doing it all. We used public transport all the time which is cheap and reliable. Lots of great places to eat ranging from 10 Euros for pasta, wine and salad to 35 Euros for a slap up meal at a 5 star hotel. Fantastic holiday!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank alisonh302
Portsmouth
Reviewed 15 August 2013

We have just come back from 2 weeks at this hotel. Clean, friendly and above all, a superb location. Close to the train station and bus routes, near to lots of little shops and not too far to walk to the sea for stunning views over the Bay of Naples..plus some excellent hotel restaurants to choose from for stunning food. It is next to a lovely little square where you can sit at Il Buon Buccone and enjoy a reasonably prosed glass of wine and a snack whilst watching the totally mad antics of car and scooter drivers as they head for Sorrento and Naples. (The owners, Franco and Theresa are a delight!) The church in the square is definitely worth a visit.

Back to the hotel...the swimming pool is small and not the sort you would want to sit around all day, but, is great for a refreshing dip after a long day at Pompeii. We went everywhere on public transport. Tickets can be bought from the little tabbachi 2 minutes from the hotel. There are quite a few places to eat lunch and dinner if you do not want to stay at the hotel. Jolly Pub is fantastic value with excellent pasta. We had one meal at the hotel. It was OK but nothing to rave about. Other people said the food was good on other evenings but we liked to get out and about. The shower was clean with plenty of hot water. Don't expect amazing views from the balcony...interesting, is probably the word I would use. Don't be put off by people saying the train was noisy...you get used to it and it stops running at about 9.30. Can't hear it when your doors are closed. Our sleep was never disturbed. And if you don't like the sound of church bells..Don't go to Italy! So, to sum up, a very reasonably priced hotel, clean, welcoming and lovely staff. We got the bus outside to the Amalfi Coast, got the train to Naples, Heculanea and Pompeii...no problems. You can walk to Sorrento in about 15 minutes but it is quite busy during the day and the pavements are not what I am used to in Britain.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the pool with a good view of the train going by!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
6 Thank Maggie H
Barnsley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel Club, Sant' Agnello, July 19-Aug 2 2013. It was our first trip to Italy and didn't know what to expect. We read some good and not so good reviews on this site for the hotel but as always, decided to find out for ourselves. Were we disappointed with our stay? No way. The hotel was clean with rooms cleaned and fresh towels every day. The hotel has free wifi (which I could only use in reception), free air con and free safety deposit in rooms. We were a little concerned knowing the rail track ran past the hotel by just a few feet but it was nothing to worry about, we hardly noticed the trains going by or the church bells that ring every 15 mins, you soon block out the noise. We were picked up at the garage by Mario who then took us to the hotel 2 mins away. On arrival we met Luigi, Marco and lowra, very friendly and nothing was ever too much trouble for them.. They were always polite and helpful. We stayed on the second floor, poolside, which we thought would be rather noisy but never was. The hotel is ideal for travelling to Pompeii, Erculano and Mr Vesuvious. If you want a small and friendly hotel to stay in this area whether a package or 'do it yourself' short break, this is the place to stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor poolside are ideal.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Bakewell, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2013

When we arrived at the petrol station we were greeted by Luigi who took us in his own car to The hotel Where we met Marco his brother, Mario his dad and his mother, the food was sublime and the soups were in my mind the specialities This was father excelled by the fact the menu was changed daily.
The rooms were clean and lovely but lacked character in my opinion(though that is about to change after the winter renovations) but the fact Luigi especially and the whole family that run the place cared about every individual health and happiness of every individual along with the pool were the things that stood out for me!
The pool was sublime but sometimes crowded(however they are adding another on the 5th floor overlooking Vesuvius with amazing views in the winter renovations).

Overall It was an amazing stay and a sad farewell. I only hope of returning after the renovations to see the place and, the people that became my friends!

Room Tip: We preferred overlooking the pool on the 1st floor bur the 2nd floor would be amazing too but the vi...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Club Hotel Sorrento
I stayed here recently and I would really recommend this hotel.
It is a family run hotel with very friendly and always helpful staff.
The hotel is very clean, rooms cleaned and towels changed every
day. It is a good value hotel. It has a pool to the rear in a tranquil
surroundings. The friendly & genuine approach of the staff
make me want to stay at this hotel again when i go back to
Sorrento one of the most beautiful places in the world.
It is a 10-15 minute walk into Sorrento centre but you can catch
the local bus outside the door. The food is very reasonably priced
at 12 euros for a 3 course evening meal. Drink is also cheap here.
The friendly family atmosphere will leave you with wonderful friends
and lifetime memories.
HB

Room Tip: Choose room to rear with balcony overlooking the pool or to the front with a balcony with a pleasant...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sant'Agnello
Hotel Mediterraneo Sorrento
#39 of 100 in Sorrento
Hotel Corallo Sorrento
Hotel Corallo Sorrento
#3 of 19 in Sant'Agnello

Been to Hotel Club Sorrento? Share your experiences!