All reviewschurch bellsrailway linetrain runsevening mealfamily run hotelminute walklocal churchpastawelcome drinkfriendly hotelthe main roadcroissantsthomas cooklovely family rundeck chairssmall portionsnothing is too much trouble
Reviewed 5 November 2013

We stayed at Hotel Club at the end of the season in October. They were beginning to shut it down for the winter but nevertheless the staff couldn't have been friendlier. They helped us with whatever we asked and made us feel very welcome as we arrived for breakfast each morning. The hotel is just off a busy road and there are also the trains going by around twice an hour (but not after about 2230) and also the church bells but really these did not disturb us. We only had dinner in the restaurant once but certainly would have gone back again, the food was nice and good value. With a bit of exploring it is easy to find many restaurants within easy walking distance. The rooms were clean and the breakfast was nice. It was a good central location being about 5 minutes walk from the train station with easy journeys to Pompeii, Vesuvius and Naples. In the other direction it is only a few minutes to Sorrento centre. Overall very recommended.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Sid178
Reviewed 27 October 2013

If you want a cosy, friendly hotel with the personal touch during your stay on the Amalfi coast then this is the hotel for you. It's excellent value for money, family run it offers traditional Italian food with good choice at meal times.
Set about 30 mins walk from the town of sorrento or 2 mins on the train (station 5 mins walk) it offers a reasonable alternative to hotels more costly due to location.
It can be noisy at times, not from the railway track which runs at the back but from the church bells from the church across the road ( you do get used to them eventually!)
My partner and I were always greeted with a friendly smile and all the family couldn't do enough to help when requested.
The hotel is very clean And towels changed every day. The outside pool and garden are equally spotless.
We were lucky enough to have wifi in all area including our hotel room.
A special thank you to the brother on reception (I'm sorry I don't know your name) he was very kind to me when I was unwell during my stay, much appreciated!
I would recommend the hotel and would visit again

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank countrylou
Reviewed 24 October 2013

My partner and I spent 11 nights on 13th Sept at the hotel club san't agnello - which is a suburb of sorrento, in itself a place of real character and friendliness which we really appreciated. A short walk from the hotel was a beautiful view over the bay with a view of the cliffs over to Sorrento itself. Sorrento is crowded and busy, San't Agnello is less so although traffic crazy albeit entertaining. The small bars by the church in the square are lovely fab pizzas and such superb people - as we were leaving we got big lovely hugs!!!!

The hotel club was a small hotel with lovely caring staff who did everything to ensure we enjoyed out trip. One day we missed breakfast and could not get any outside the hotel as it was Sunday, we fessed up - no problem we were told and coffee and rolls/pastries appeared with a smile to boot- fantastic.
The location was great for siteseeing near trainline etc - I did find it a bit noisy so take earplugs if you are a light sleeper. We loved sitting on the warm balcony reading in the afternoons.

A top tip is to go to the old marina for lunch or dinner absolutely peaceful watching the boats and no hassles. Also recommend the day trips from the marina where all the boats go from in Sorrento - we had a fantastic daytrip with swimming off Capri visit to Positano and amalfi with sun deckchairs sea breezes and cold drinks galore sold and tasty food to buy onboard ! cost about 60 euros for two of us - better than sitting for ages on crowded buses or fast ferries, buy tickets and get on the boat at 9.30am think its everyday.

Enjoy Sorrento and thanks for the lovely welcome from the club hotel staff. If returning to Sorrento would use this hotel again without a doubt. It makes Sorrento affordable for all - just bring plenty of spending money if you wish to eat out in Sorrento itself.

The Donna Rosa and Taverna Rossa are recommended restaurants in Sant Agnello also the Buon Buccone delicious food in them all.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank gensmasher
Reviewed 24 October 2013

hotel good value for money. The staff there were excellent nothing was too much trouble and Franco was hilarious not too be missed. It is near a train line but was not disturbed at all by the trains, the bells however were a different matter, though you do get used to them and found myself listening out for them. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 October 2013

The Hotel Club has excellent friendly and accommodating staff but is, unfortunately, let down by it's proximity to Corso Italia (the main road into Sorrento which is very busy) and the church and it's loud bells just 20 metres away. We had a small double room at the front and I didn't sleep well for our 3 night stay even though I am normally a sound sleeper. For the price, compared to the central Sorrento hotels, this hotel is good value for money, but there are some drawbacks. Apart from the noise, the breakfast is copious but the coffee is instant machine coffee (in Italy!?!), its a fast 20 mins walk into the centre (downhill, but more like 30 mins uphill coming back) and its along the busy Corso Italia. Other routes exist but are not as direct. All in all, I would have paid 50% more and stayed nearer to the centre in a quieter road.

Room Tip: Try a room at the back overlooking the pool to reduce road noise from Corso Italia, but I don't think you will escape the church bells!!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple