All reviewschurch bellsrailway linetrain runsevening mealfamily run hotelminute walklocal churchpastawelcome drinkfriendly hotelthe main roadcroissantsdeck chairsthomas cooklovely family runsmall portionsnothing is too much trouble
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I stayed here as a solo female traveller and picked this hotel for its location near the railway station as I wanted to explore the area as much as possible. I travelled to a different destination every day so it was perfect. I have previously stayed at Hotel Mediterraneo and Grand Hotel Capodimonte in Sorrento but this was much more convenient for jumping on trains and buses. I wasn't expecting much but from the moment I arrived all the staff were absolutely wonderful! You will not meet more friendly or helpful people anywhere.

The food was ideal, a good mixture of Italian & English breakfast choices, evening meals always had a choice of five local pasta /soup dishes followed by salad, followed by a choice of five meat/ local fish/veggie dishes. My room was cleaned everyday.

Franco and the other staff cannot do enough for you, lovely lovely people! They speak excellent English and are also good for advice about local buses and trains.

The Thomas Cook excursions were at least ten times the price, so I would definitely recommend local travel - so easy! For example a day return to Pompeii was only three and a half euros and the station is only 100yards from the entrance to Pompeii. A day return to Naples was 8 euros, highly recommended. A 5 euro bus ticket gives you unlimited travel for one day, so it's easy to go to Amalfi and stop en route at Positano etc. The bus stop is just around the corner from the hotel.

Another plus was the free wifi throughout the hotel.

My visit was in May which was ideal for travelling up and down the coast. I didn't use the swimming pool but it looked tempting, set in a small courtyard with lemon trees and exotic plants.

A fantastic holiday, made even better by wonderful staff!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
10  Thank 458Jools
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We came to this area in order to visit its many archaeological sites, which are amazing. The hotel is just 5mins walk from S.Agnello station, from where you can travel on the Napoli-Sorrento line to all the aforementioned sites very cheaply & easily. Our room was quiet and light & airy with comfortable beds & generous storage space. It and the shower room were very clean, with fresh towels daily. Our balcony overlooked the swimming pool & garden and we had the afternoon/evening sun.We enjoyed the food, particularly the delicious pasta & risotto dishes! I can honestly say that I have never stayed in a hotel with such lovely staff. They all seemed to really enjoy their work & were genuinely pleased to see us whenever we encountered them.On the morning of our departure we had to leave at 5.40am. Two members of staff, Franco & Luigi, came to make us coffee and wave us off! A few days after arriving home, I received an e-mail from Luigi thanking us for our visit and hoping to see us again. I only wish there were more places like this!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank FrancescandScottish
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I have stayed here twice, both accompanying a group of school student, but I would be more than happy to spend a week or more here on personal trip.

Club Sorrento is situated about 1.5 km from the centre of Sorrento in the small suburb of Sant Agnello, where there are several shops and bars. There are also restaurants nearby, not tried.The Circumvesuviana station is a few minutes' walk.

What makes this hotel is the staff, incredibly friendly and helpful. The rooms are quite standard but always very clean. The continental breakfast could have been more varied, with perhaps the addition of cereals and croissants.

Evening meals consisted of excellent home cooking ( my mother is from the area and her cooking is very similar - and very good )

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank andypcb
Reviewed 17 April 2014

This place has noisy rooms. The internet does not work and the rain is comming in through the new door to the balcony out to the noisy small balcony. There was a school class or two and the place was more like a hostell. Stay away!

Stayed: April 2014
3  Thank P N
Reviewed 16 April 2014

This is a hotel that delivers what you expect for the price you pay.
The rooms, the food and the location is okay, but nothing great. It’s all rather basic.
The staff however is extremely accommodating. They do their utmost to help out wherever they can. They even have an older gentleman in the lobby to serve you drinks from the bar no matter how late it is. He keeps dozing off in his chair and it is very amusing to see.
From all the hotels I’ve stayed in in Italy this one had the best staff by far. Well done! And most of them speak reasonably good English as well.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends