Hotel Club Sorrento
    Alpha Hotel(Sant'Agnello)
    Hotel Girasole(Sorrento)
    Villa Oriana Relais(Sorrento)
    Excellent 5/5
    All reviewschurch bellsrailway linetrain runsevening mealminute walkfamily run hotelpastalocal churchwelcome drinkthe main roadfriendly hotelcroissantsdeck chairsthomas cooklocal transportsmall portionssant agnello
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 11 June 2014

Great hotel, great location, great food made exceptional by the fabulous staff. It was wonderful to be looked after by a team that genuinely care about your stay and who made our holiday really special.

Room Tip: 4th floor poolside, train noise not an issue, neither are the church bells
    • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
    7  Thank spikeandjo
    Reviewed 4 June 2014

My partner and i have just returned from a weeks stay at this hotel. All areas of the hotel are spotlessly clean and the rooms although basic had everything we needed. We were on a half board option and enjoyed the fresh croissants and fresh fruit at breakfast. The home made pasta dishes in the evening were first class and my partner particularly enjoyed the puddings!
    We used local buses trains and ferries to get around and managed to visit Capri, Amalfi and Positano using public transport. The walk into Sorrento took about 25mins along the coast road which is slighly quieter than the main road, we liked the small harbour beyond the main ferry port which is accessed via some interesting alleys, we also enjoyed visiting Anna Capri and Positano. There is plenty more to see and do than we managed in a week but we wanted to relax had a couple of days reading and enjoying the cafes around St Agnello

Room Tip: We were on the road side of the hotel on the fourth floor - yes you could hear the church bells and the trains as mentioned in earlier reviews, this was not a problem for us
    7  Thank Terriers10
    Reviewed 28 May 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel for a week- 20-27th May. In the whole week we were there, we have never felt so welcoming and so at home. Nothing is ever too much trouble for the staff- particularly Luigi and Marco. There was always a good variety of fresh food that was always very tasty and presented beautifully. I had read previous reviews about the bells being very loud- yes you can hear them but you soon get used to them and they were not an issue for us.

I would definitely recommend using public transport to get to any sites you want to visit, they are very straight forward and good prices!

The rooms are basic, but you have everything you need and they are cleaned every day with fresh towels etc. My adapter didn't work so I was given one to use, they provide hairdryers and air conditioning. We needed to print some paperwork for our flights so Luigi let us use his computer to save us trying to find an internet cafe. Everything you need you have!

We had to leave early for our flight home, but the staff were more than happy to wake up early to provide us with a huge selection of food. As well as when we arrived back late one night from a trip- they were more than happy for us to eat even though the restaurant had stopped serving.

I cannot wait to stay at this hotel again!

6  Thank Rhian H
    Reviewed 28 May 2014

We recently stayed at this hotel from 24 May to 27May. The hotel is very nice and great staff who mostly speak English. The food was great. Located a short walk from the train station and Sorrento. Only complaint was the small shower in our room and the pool hours kinda sucked. They are from 0900-1800, we would do all our exploring during the day but never made it back in time to enjoy the pool and on some days it was much needed.

2  Thank Eric M
    Reviewed 13 May 2014

I stayed here as a solo female traveller and picked this hotel for its location near the railway station as I wanted to explore the area as much as possible. I travelled to a different destination every day so it was perfect. I have previously stayed at Hotel Mediterraneo and Grand Hotel Capodimonte in Sorrento but this was much more convenient for jumping on trains and buses. I wasn't expecting much but from the moment I arrived all the staff were absolutely wonderful! You will not meet more friendly or helpful people anywhere.

The food was ideal, a good mixture of Italian & English breakfast choices, evening meals always had a choice of five local pasta /soup dishes followed by salad, followed by a choice of five meat/ local fish/veggie dishes. My room was cleaned everyday.

Franco and the other staff cannot do enough for you, lovely lovely people! They speak excellent English and are also good for advice about local buses and trains.

The Thomas Cook excursions were at least ten times the price, so I would definitely recommend local travel - so easy! For example a day return to Pompeii was only three and a half euros and the station is only 100yards from the entrance to Pompeii. A day return to Naples was 8 euros, highly recommended. A 5 euro bus ticket gives you unlimited travel for one day, so it's easy to go to Amalfi and stop en route at Positano etc. The bus stop is just around the corner from the hotel.

Another plus was the free wifi throughout the hotel.

My visit was in May which was ideal for travelling up and down the coast. I didn't use the swimming pool but it looked tempting, set in a small courtyard with lemon trees and exotic plants.

A fantastic holiday, made even better by wonderful staff!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo