Stayed in a four bedroom room (1 bunk bed, 2 singles) as part of a large student group. Door did not open or close properly (but did lock, room 104). Room was damp. Walls are paper thing. No A/C control in room-- froze the first night.
***NO WIFI in room-- only in lobby. Also, barely got service in room. Even with a a data plan, I had to go outside to get service.
Room was tiny, but clean. No soap was provided to anyone staying in our group (two dozen rooms?), though they begrudgingly provided it when we asked at the desk. Kind of gross. "Towels" were provided, but they were really sheets, not towels. Towel warmer did not work in our room. Hair dyer provided. Half the decorative molding had fallen off the inside of the room.
Room was cleaned daily, beds made, towels refreshed and bathroom mopped. Maid even tucked in roommate's stuffed animal under the covers.
Breakfast was standard. Croissant, roll, jelly, butter, nutella, honey, water, fruit juice, coffee machine, milk, cornflakes.
About a 25 minute walk to the main road/Piazza Tasso. If you're looking for quiet, this is it. But if you want to be closer to the action/water/any food, book something off the main road, like Hotel Rivage. I would not stay at this hotel again. Nicer hotels are available for the same price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Florida, with familiar conduction from three generation, is a charming resort surrounded by a traditional lemon and orange garden, located in a pleasant and calm residential area of Sorrento.The Hotel Florida is the ideal place to spend a quite holiday, the green citrus groves and the panoramas of the Sorrento Coast, the gastronomic specialities or the fantastic walks and excursion will make your stay in the Earth of the Sirens' land unforgettable.Sorrento historical center is 20 minutes walking distance. Within 300 metres away there is a typical Sorrentine beach "La Marinella" and a splendid terrace overlooking the sea. Here a charming scene is opened thanks to which it is possible to admire the bay of Sorrento, the entire Gulf of Naples and the Vesuvius. The shopping area of Sorrento or S.Agnello it is only ten minutes on foot.The Hotel Florida has its private swimming pool with wide solarium (free sunbeds), snack and cocktail bar, wide garden area. Private parking.Rooms are classically decorated, and offer free Wi-Fi. Each comes with a satellite TV, a work desk and an en suite bathroom. All the rooms have a balcony, with views of the garden or of the swimming pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Florida reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Florida Hotel Sant Agnello
- Hotel Florida Italy/Province Of Naples