“Lovely Little Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Northumberland
“Lovely Little Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2009

My partner & I stayed here in July 2008. We were a little wary as we thought it may be a hotel full of older people but it was mixed.

It is a family run hotel situated in a nice quiet area of Sant Agnello.

Pepe the waiter greeted my 18mnth old son with a very friendly "Bonjourno Bambino" every morning!

We never really noticed any noise from the bar area but even if we did people are on holiday and are entitled to enjoy themselves, who know's could have been us one night!!!

We arrived here at 1230 on the night due to a crash on the main route into Sorrento but the staff were all still waiting up and had laid food on for us, they must have been exhausted bless them!

We had ants, hundreds of them all on a mission!! Would scurry in a line but we never complained, mainly coz were English but also coz we couldn't be bothered to move and were only in the room to sleep. They were brushed away every morning anyway and disinfected.

Didn't notice the 'one plug' situation so it obviously didn't bother us that much. How many electrical appliances do you need running at once anyway!??

Only downside we felt was the breakfasts ( Sorry Florida!) stale bread, boiled eggs and apples!
Lunches and evening meals were nice though, alway's Italian (surprise!!) Risotto, pasta and pizza but enough to feel full.

Yes I'd go back.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
irvine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2009

I have stayed at the florida three times now and I have to say that each time I have visited this hotel I have not been disappointed. The hotel is a small family run establishment offering clean and comfortable facilities. There is never a shortage of sun loungers, the pool is a good size and there is maid service everyday. They hold a gala dinner with entertainment every week, while there is fun to be had the DJ is a bit dated. They also have a pizza party once a week which was good, pizza is delicious! The food and wine is really good although I didnt think the chef this year was as good as the last one. This is one of the smallest hotels I've stayed in but is probably one of the best. The staff are all lovely and I've kind of got to know them which for me makes the stay more comfortable. Every time I leave the Florida I want to go straight back. My favourite has to be the waiter Pepe who works hard and is always full of fun. Eugene the barman and Pepe from reception are really nice, they are also drop dead gorgeous so careful ladies!!! The owners are also lovely and make you feel very welcome. I also have to mention Kim the dog who my son loves.

Sorrento in general is a beautiful part of the world and I personally have fallen in love with it. The scenery is stunning to say the least. I love the shopping with a choice of designer to high street stores to back street markets and shops. The food and wine is to die for. For me the biggest attraction is the atmosphere, busy and buzzing with beautiful people everywhere. Cant wait to go back!!!

• Liked — food, wine and service
  • Disliked — no air conditioning
  • Stayed August 2008
scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2008

Well its with a huge smile on my face that I read some of these reviews! The Florida Hotel is a cheaper option for those who want to visit this stunning part of our World, and Stunning it is!!! We visit Sorrento every year and this was my friends 4th time at the Florida, my 1st. It is small with a limited number of rooms, creating quite a safe environment for us who have children. The rooms are basic, ours with a pool view, balcony and surrounding views of mountains, breathtaking. Our room was cleaned imacculately daily with fresh sheets, (sometimes not always the case with the 5 start hotels which i have also frequented in sorrento). Very basic furniture in the room, but clean, also only one plug socket, so Dry, straighten your hair in the bathroom where you will find another socket! The lack of Air Con is a serious problem, especially in the heat this year, it was in the 40's! Hiring a fan doesnt really help much.The pool is large enough, and cleaned almost daily. Plent yof FREE loungers all around the pool area. If you are too warm, cool down in the Large Lemon & Orange tree garden with a glass of wine and a book. The bar area, where lunch can be eaten is adjacent to the pool, (lunch around 15 euros for 2 people, including drinks so a little pricey). The evening food was generally vey tastey, in particular the pasta, pizza and calamari! Our two boys ate well every night which is a bonus always when abroad. The waiters were typical Italien, friendly, sarcastic and sometimes the odd shout here and there in Italien. Once you have struck a rapport with them they will let you into their sarcastic sense of humour, which it would appear that some of the guests did not manage to experience, :) Quicker to walk to sorrento than saint angello. 5 minute walk from the beach and stunning cliff scenary. Truely, this hotel as an option for those on a budget cant be beaten!

Wish we were there NOW!!!!!!!! Fiona, Beth, Connar & Joseph

• Liked — Relaxing
  • Disliked — No air con
Suffolk
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2008

reading reviews of the Florida made us wonder if we had made the right decision. When we arrived for our two weeks stay we were pleasantly suprised by our room in the garden which was large and spacious. The only thing I would like to have seen was air conditioning. The staff were very professional, helpful and the food was fantasic. A choice of three starters and main courses so there should be something for everyone to like, unless you are the egg and chips type, which by my reckoning should stay in England!!! If you were out for the day and would miss dinner they will give you a packed lunch. Having spoken to other travellers visiting the region who were staying in larger hotels, it seems we had the best food and quieter location as most other hotels are on really busy roads. The area is central for all the trips for the area and the local train was very cheap and easy to use. We met some lovely people and had a fantasic holiday and had nothing at all to complain about.

• Liked — great food
  • Disliked — no air conditioning
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
Scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2008

We loved the hotel.Beautiful pool very deep.Lovely clean room.Very friendly helpful staff but not overpoweringly so..Just ask them when you need anything..Great pizza night.Lovely dining room and food,ample buffet style breakfast.

Had prevoiusly stayed in the hotel alpha in the same area alegedly a four star and found it a bit snooty.Hotel Florida was much better.
We were very sad to leave the hotel and this beautiful part of Italy,and hope to return soon.

• Liked — Laid back atmosphere.
  • Stayed September 2008
Glos England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2008

We have just returned from our trip to sorrento and the hotel Florida. We had a fabulous time. The room was clean and bright, overlooking the pool. The staff were very friendly and professional, and good with the children. The food was okay especially the italian food. Eg pasta and pizza. The pool was great no problem with getting a sunbed. Sorrento only a 20 min walk (road quite busy) or 1euro bus trip. Plenty to see and do in the area. (use local train and bus services, much cheaper than organised tours)
Would love to go back again.

• Liked — Clean and bright
  • Disliked — Not enough electrical points
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
Cheshire
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2008

Having just read the previous review I would whole heartedly aggree.

There was one plug socket in the bathroom and another by the television, which meant getting on a chair to reach it.

Breakfast is served 7-9 so be prepared for early starts. The waiters literally shoo you out at 9.

I'm a vegeatrian and was really pleased on the first night when I was offered a Tomato and Mozzerella salad. Little did I know that would be all I would be eating for the rest of the week.

The staff were very brusk. One evening my party met for pre dinner drinks. At 7.55 the waiter came and asked if we were eating and then told us we had five minutes and tapped his watch.

The staff however were very friendly on the last morning and couldn't do enough. I can't help but wonder if it had anything to do with the tip basket on the breakfast buffet table.

The pool was quite nice. I never had a problem getting a sun bed. I just felt that some of the other guests were very put out to share the pool with children.

I wouldn't go back in a rush but if I got a cheap deal I might.

Beware of Taxis. Be ready to jump straight in. We learnt at our peril to have buggies folded before the taxi came. The meter is always running. A typical fair into Sorrento is 16 Euros.

Do visit Sorrento, it is beautiful and explore the area. Positano is such a romantic place. However I would spend a little more for a different hotel.

• Liked — Not much. A glass of white wine is 2 Euros and quite nice
  • Disliked — The staff!!!
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank marylouburns
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sant'Agnello
Hotel Caravel Sorrento
Grand Hotel Aminta
Grand Hotel Aminta
#25 of 100 in Sorrento
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,813 reviews

Been to Hotel Florida? Share your experiences!