“Very disappointed with our meal and service”

Ristorante La Marinella
Ranked #4 of 64 Restaurants in Sant'Agnello
Price range: US$24 - US$61
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, View
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Come to taste unique emotions that feed the eyes, the soul and the heart. A candlelight dinner , in the company of the warm sea breeze. With the Gulf of Naples on the horizon. A memorable sunset, thanks to the delicious dishes of our chef masters . Cruditè of the Mediterranean sea . The catch of the day. Pasta and stuffing homemade. We only serve products selected by the most important ingredient of our kitchen: love for guests. La Marinella, for people who want to taste the sea
Reviewed 28 May 2014

WE went to this restaurant as it was recommended by our hotel.
The description on the menu and the food actually served is completely different - I specifically asked the Matre Dieu about a particular dish which he described to me - when it was served it was deep fired fish when it is supposed to be grilled. A shrimp salad came out completely different too with avocado that was completly inedible. He knew that I wasn't happy as there is no way that I would order deep fried fish so avoided us fro then on rather than deal with the situation.
Because of his attitude it ruined our experience.

2  Thank Richard B

Reviewed 18 May 2014

After being greeted by a gentlemen with a suit and tie and a beanie, and being escorted through tunnels, upstairs and in a lift and feeling a little apprehensive, what exploded before my eyes was an unimaginable beauty. A classy, beautifully appointed restaurant with seating outside on a sheltered balcony with a view of the Bay just transported me to another world. We were then treated by excellent, attentive but not overpowering staff to a meal which I will not forget in a hurry. My husband ate superb seafood whilst I was treated to dishes (a delicious risotto and a special salad) to suit the fact that I am a coeliac and a vegetarian - all with pleasure - and we wish we could have eaten more. I could not fault this establishment. After dinner, we were greeted by the owners and were given a gift as a souvenir of our visit. The cost was reasonable but this was not an issue at all for us. Would go to Sorrento again for the sole purpose of visiting this restaurant. Absolutely wonderful.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

My partner and I were on our honeymoon and came by this by chance. You are taken down through the cliff in a lift, into a beautiful open plan restaurant with huge glass windows overlooking the sea, and a terrace on the waters edge for particularly beautiful days. We were immediately greeted and given a glass of prosecco and homemade breadsticks. The waiter informed us of specials and recommended dishes to us. When ordering he informed me I perhaps should order something else as it would be too big for me, which I greatly appreciated. My partner ordered a pasta dish in between starter and main, which the chef made me a tiny one for free so that I wasn't left out! Before our food arrived we we given an amouse bouche of the most incredible tasting ravioli. The waiter continuously topped up our glasses and was there for our every need. Each dish look like an immaculate piece of art. I had fillet steak it was incredible, my partner had seafood salad and then stuffed octopus also incredible. The bill wasn't the cheapest but this meal was worth every penny..best food in Italy!

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Brilliant service, amazing food and such reasonable prices! very lovely tucked away also with a view over the sea

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Fantastic restaurant! I was travelling alone and ate here on my first night in Sant'agnello - had a great waitor who looked after me and gave me many handy tips and insights into the area. Food was divine, view was breathtaking. Enjoyed it so much that I came back with a friend two nights later for another beautiful meal. Can't recommend this place highly enough!