I upgraded to an double sea view room which was below the restuarant and above the large viewing deck. The first night i was there, there was a wedding that was in the restuarant above my room and the noise from the chairs echos in the room. The wedding then moved outside with a dj that was right outside the room which went until 1 pm. Then at 6am the following morning they began moving chairs around in the restuarant getting ready for breakfast then everyone came in for breakfast. The noise is so loud there is no way to sleep. When i complained to the manager he refused to help and told me to complain to Expedia. I didnt even get an apology! The second night was a repeat of the first, wedding, dinner, reception, dj, breakfast. I cant believe i actually upgraded to get this room and couldnt sleep either night. Overall it is a beatiful hotel, the rooms are old and not upgraded. Staff was unhelpful and even rude. I asked if there was a store nearby to buy sodas. I was told i could get soda at the bar. When i asked that i wanted to buy sodas in cans to take to my room, i was told there was no where close to buy any. There is actually a store within a block from the hotel. I felt this was the worst of six hotels i stayed in during my two week trip. Ive traveled all over europe and his was my worst experience ever. Pick another hotel closer to Sorrento (its a 20 min walk and buses are random and cabs are expensive), this is outdated, and has unhelpful staff and certainly dont upgrade to a better room - its a ripoff!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Corallo, located in the town of Sant'Agnello, is a 4 star hotel situated on a clifftop with panoramic terraces and views of the Gulf of Naples, Vesuvius and the Sorrentine peninsula. The centre of Sorrento and Tasso Square with its characteristic alleys, is just 2 km away and can be reached on foot or by public transport. In 1910 this elegant patrician house became "Hotel Cappuccini", a meeting point for artists and intellectuals such as the great Luigi Pirandello, who stayed here in the 1930's. The recent renovations have enhanced an exclusive blend of past and present ensuring the hotel provides a beautiful backdrop for a relaxing holiday - an ideal place for visiting Naples, Amalfi, Positano, Ravello, the islands of Capri, Ischia and Procida, the archaeological excavations of Pompeii and Herculaneum and Vesuvius. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Priceline, Ebookers, Expedia, Odigeo, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HRS, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Corallo Sorrento reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Corallo Hotel Sant Agnello
- Hotel Corallo Sorrento Italy/Province Of Naples