I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Hotel Corralo, and would recommend it to fellow travellers that are staying in the area.
The views from the hotel terrace are spectacular, and is an absolutely great place to watch the sun set over the bay of Naples.
Rooms are good sized, modern, kept nice and clean, and the bed is big and comfortable. The hotel is also located in a nice and quiet area, in Sant'Angelo which is the area next to Sorrento. To get into Sorrento is approximately a 20 minute walk, or a few minutes by scooter. Don't use the local taxis, they are all pretty much crooks that will over charge you.
Breakfast is nice, and served on the terrace. Did not eat dinner at the hotel since we went out every night, so can't say anything about the dining options.
The way to get down to the ocean is to take the stairs down the cliffs to a little "beach". This beach is, to be blunt, miserable, so don't plan on spending time on it, but rather go there for a swim when returning from sightseeing in the evening.
Staff are nice and friendly. The night receptionist locks the door and sleeps at about midnight, but bang on the door and he opens up if you bang the door a but loudly so he wakes up.
A nice four star hotel, and good value for money as well. Recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Corallo, located in the town of Sant'Agnello, is a 4 star hotel situated on a clifftop with panoramic terraces and views of the Gulf of Naples, Vesuvius and the Sorrentine peninsula. The centre of Sorrento and Tasso Square with its characteristic alleys, is just 2 km away and can be reached on foot or by public transport. In 1910 this elegant patrician house became "Hotel Cappuccini", a meeting point for artists and intellectuals such as the great Luigi Pirandello, who stayed here in the 1930's. The recent renovations have enhanced an exclusive blend of past and present ensuring the hotel provides a beautiful backdrop for a relaxing holiday - an ideal place for visiting Naples, Amalfi, Positano, Ravello, the islands of Capri, Ischia and Procida, the archaeological excavations of Pompeii and Herculaneum and Vesuvius. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Expedia, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, LateRooms, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelsClick and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Corallo Sorrento reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Corallo Hotel Sant Agnello
- Hotel Corallo Sorrento Italy/Province Of Naples