“Exemplary service”

Hotel Corallo Sorrento
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Sant'Agnello
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I spent five days at this lovely hotel with a group of seven friends. The day we arrived we were given the grand tour and I was spell bound by the view from the hotel windows. It was breathtaking. The Hotel overlooks the magnificent Bay Of Naples. The sunsets were spectacular.
The staff provided over the top service. They were ready to give assistance and advise at a moments notice. The rooms were spotless, nicely furnished and had lovely balconies. There were many terraces where we could lounge outdoors on comfortable couches and chairs. Breakfast was included and always delicious . I would go back to this hotel in a flash.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank perogiemonster

Reviewed 27 May 2014

This was my second stay at Hotel Corallo and it was even better than I remembered before! Upon check in, we were assisted with our bags and offered a welcome drink (homemade lemonade from the hotel's lemon trees) on the beautiful terrace overlooking the bay of Naples. The hotel staff was fabulous in assisting us with booking tickets for Capri, Pompeii, and a trip up to Vesuvius. The room was beautifully decorated with coral accents and had a fabulous balcony overlooking the sea. The hotel is just a 10 minute walk from the Circumvesuviana train station and Sorrento and maybe around a 20-30 minute walk to the port that takes you to Capri. Breakfast was delicious and I highly, highly recommend eating dinner in the restaurant at least one night! Our waiters were excellent, the view outside watching the sun set over the sea is stunning, and the food was the best meal I had in Italy. We were also allowed to store our luggage at the hotel after check out until we got back from our tour (which picks you up and drops you off at the hotel). The views from the balconies are stunning. You definitely won't regret booking here!

1  Thank Ashley T
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I stayed here for 5 nights in May. I was with a group of 8 fifty something women and we had 4 rooms all with a sea view.. And what a stunning view of the Bay of Naples and next door to Sorrento. The hotel is breathtaking and one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed in.

This is a hotel worthy of 5 stars which ever way you look at it. They certainly work hard to please in every department, and succeed in my opinion.

On arrival at the hotel I was made to feel like a princess and that was the same for all 8 of us - and stayed like that until the moment we left. I really felt like crying at departure time.

My first impression was WOW !! The glass sitting area/lounge/bar, with beautiful furniture and stunning views, and the outside terraces on multiple levels are simply gorgeous. The styling is imaculate.

The staff were simply perfect, attentive, charming, professional, fun. I arrived later than my friends and went straight to meet them in the lounge, leaving my suitcase in reception. After I said my hello's I asked about my suitcase to be told it had already been taken to the room !!! It's the little things like that that make this hotel so special.

The rooms are lovely, the communal corridors beautifully decorated dotted here and there with gorgeous ornaments. I slept every night with the window open (as I dislike air conditioning) and there was no noise or disturbance at all. Our room had a balcony and it was such a joy to step outside and take in the views.

The bathroom was tastefully decorated in the hotels "coral" theme and there were no "plumbing" problems like you so often find in Italian hotels.

Breakfast is very nice, not outstanding, but very nice - with everything you need. Most mornings the staff brought us something extra (without charge) such as chocolate crêpes as one of us had mentioned that they like them. One morning I shall never forget, the head waiter read us a romantic poem in Italian and tried to translate it. Simply charming.

We had dinner in the hotel restaurant (the same room as breakfast) on two occasions and both times it was very nice - not exceptional, but very nice. Again the staff brought us extras - we only ordered mains but they brought us little apetisers for example.

If you can bear to tear yourself away from the hotel to go sightseeing, the hotel is a good 25 minute walk from the centre of Sorrento, however there is a bus stop right next to the hotel.

Sorrento is a very pretty town and we went down to the port and took the ferry to Capri.

To visit Pompeii and Herculaneum the front desk organised a private guide for us (as there were 8 of us) and they have a range of excursions available (good to book in advance).

The hotel is a great base for a holiday here and I cannot recommend it highly enough.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank EVA106
Reviewed 20 May 2014

This is one of the best hotels we have stayed in. On every count, Hotel Corallo is outstanding. The staff are friendly and helpful, the hotel is spotless, the food is superb and the location is just perfect.

During our stay, there were three wedding receptions which I took as a testimony to the standard of food and service in general. There were also parties from upmarket American tour companies and we all know how discerning Americans can be.

We travelled there with Thomson on half board basis which was very good value.

Next year the hotel plans to build a pool which I am sure will raise the status from four to a well deserved five stars.

Room Tip: We had a side sea view which was fine for us. A sea view with terrace would have been even better th...
Reviewed 18 May 2014

This hotel is newly decorated with a wonderfully bright sitting area looking out to sea. The staff provide exemplary service. A lovely dining room with delightful menu choices and very professional service. I recommend it highly.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 14 May 2014

The hotel was recently renovated very nice room with a beautiful view. excellent breakfast and a first class service from the friendly hotel staff. we stayed at a room without a balcony which still offered a great view of Capri and naples

Reviewed 13 May 2014

The hotel was beautiful. Very clean and was so inviting. The minute we walked into the lobby we were taken back with its warm and inviting atmosphere. We had a room with a balcony that opened to the sea. The staff was very accommodating. They made us feel at home.
Thank you so very much.

Scot and Teri

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sant'Agnello
Hotel Mediterraneo Sorrento
Art Hotel Gran Paradiso
Art Hotel Gran Paradiso
#42 of 100 in Sorrento
Grand Hotel De La Ville Sorrento

Been to Hotel Corallo Sorrento? Share your experiences!