We are just returning from a 12 day trip to Italy. The last part of our vacation was a four day stay at the Hotel Corallo in Sorrento. The hotel was a quaint picturesque facility located on the Bay of Naples. It was bright and cheery and had endless views of the Bay. The staff were always very pleasant, helpful and spoke/understood English very well. It impressed me when giving directions how they would go outside and point you in the right direction, making sure you had a clear understanding. Just that little extra step of courtesy. The food was excellent. What would be called a Continental breakfast here in the US was a full meal at Hotel Corallo. The hotel is located about a 25 minute walk or a 10 minute bus ride ($1.50 each way) to the main square. It was an easy and very safe walk. Unfortunately, we made the walk often late in the evening since the public bus stops running at nine o'clock. We never felt unsafe.
There is a public beach next to the hotel which is free or for various fees ($5-11) you can have a spot more comfortable with sand, chairs, umbrellas, etc.
The Hotel Corollao is a great place to spend time in beautiful Sorrento, Italy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Corallo, located in the town of Sant'Agnello, is a 4 star hotel situated on a clifftop with panoramic terraces and views of the Gulf of Naples, Vesuvius and the Sorrentine peninsula. The centre of Sorrento and Tasso Square with its characteristic alleys, is just 2 km away and can be reached on foot or by public transport. In 1910 this elegant patrician house became "Hotel Cappuccini", a meeting point for artists and intellectuals such as the great Luigi Pirandello, who stayed here in the 1930's. The recent renovations have enhanced an exclusive blend of past and present ensuring the hotel provides a beautiful backdrop for a relaxing holiday - an ideal place for visiting Naples, Amalfi, Positano, Ravello, the islands of Capri, Ischia and Procida, the archaeological excavations of Pompeii and Herculaneum and Vesuvius. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Corallo Sorrento reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Corallo Hotel Sant Agnello
- Hotel Corallo Sorrento Italy/Province Of Naples