I'm not into luxury hotels, so I have only four basic rules when choosing a place to sleep:
- comfortable bed
- non-stop hot water shower
All four were satisfied with Porto Salvo. On top of that the breakfast included in the price was very eatable and the staff were very friendly. You could go to Sorrento either by walking (20 minutes), by bus (the stop is just around the corner of Porto Salvo) or by train (which is pointless in my opinion, because from the hotel to the train station in St. Agnello is 10 minutes walk and in 20 minutes walk you are straight in center of Sorrento). Some of the rooms have a sea view, others not, but walking around Sorrento, Amalfi coast or Capri you'll have a plenty of sea to admire, so don't get disappointed if your room doesn't have any.
We had a triple room with private bath and the place was clean, the towels were changed on daily basis, there was hot water in the shower all the time and it was quiet in the whole floor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- WELCOME Purple is an Hotel situated in an old abbey of the Capuchin Monks dating back to the sixteenth century located in Sant'Agnello di Sorrento, overlooking the beautiful sea of the Bay of Naples. Purple is also a American Lounge Pub and our philosophy consists in the genuineness of traditional cuisine associated with the taste of local wine, beer or just a drink. 5 GOOD REASONS TO CHOOSE US: Best Price Guaranteed! A holiday in a welcoming and relaxing place at only 1 kilometre from Sorrento town centre! You can easily reach the nearby town of Pompeii, Herculaneum, Naples, Amalfi and Capri The parking and internet access are included in the price The nearest beach is at only few minutes walk.SERVICES Purple offers its guests numerous exclusive services to make their stay even more enjoyable: international buffet breakfast with a vast selection of sweets, jams, cheeses cold cuts and other snacks, outdoor parking, transfer to and from Naples airport, dinner service upon request, tour reservations for Herculaneum and Pompeii, the Amalfi Coast and wonderful spots on the Sorrento Peninsula, boat trips to Capri and Isola dei Galli. ROOMS The B&B Purple has very large bright rooms, furnished with taste and simplicity: dark wood furniture with clean lines, light upholstery, floors covered with antique terra cotta tiles. The rooms all have heating, air conditioning and television. Different types are available to meet all needs: singles, double, triples and quads, with internal or external private bath or shared bathroom. Most of the rooms have sea view, while some look onto the peaceful garden which surrounds the residence. SERVICES INCLUDED All rooms include: Free WiFi, Hair dryer and Breakfast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Expedia, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), HostelWorld, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Purple reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Salvo Hotel Sant`Agnello
- Purple Italy/Province Of Naples