We were looking for a nice and decent place to stay in Sorrent. We have found this hotel on tripadvisor and it promised a very nice room with a perfect location for a very affordable price. We also found other lovely hotels at much higher rates. Due to the special rate given at this date (35€) we have decided to go for Porto Salvo.
After our experience I can say the only good thing is the location.
We CANNOT recommend this place at all. The pictures online give absolutely wrong impressions. Nothing was as shown in the pictures. Our room was only 8-10m² with one little window. It was not the room with two windows and wide space shown in the pictures.
The whole building is quite cold. We have stayed there over March and we needed the heater, but the heater did not work.
The breakfast was not needed. It is only sweet stuff and toast. In case you are used to sweet breakfast I think you can live with that.
The worst thing in our opinion were the beds. These are a real impertinence. I guess they are the cheapest pallets from IKEA. The mattresses were bending all the way down to the floor. We stayed there for three nights and both of us got heavy headaches after the first night.
I think it is extremely unfair to give the rooms wrong pictures.
If I would have seen the real room in the first place I would have rather booked a hotel, which is 3 times more expensive.
Unfortunately, during our stay there we were too tired to really complain due to our headaches. In the end I didn't want to be mean and only write this bad review. So I have asked the staff for a 20€ discount to at least compensate for something. But there was no chance to get anything for it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- WELCOME Purple is an Hotel situated in an old abbey of the Capuchin Monks dating back to the sixteenth century located in Sant'Agnello di Sorrento, overlooking the beautiful sea of the Bay of Naples. Purple is also a American Lounge Pub and our philosophy consists in the genuineness of traditional cuisine associated with the taste of local wine, beer or just a drink. 5 GOOD REASONS TO CHOOSE US: Best Price Guaranteed! A holiday in a welcoming and relaxing place at only 1 kilometre from Sorrento town centre! You can easily reach the nearby town of Pompeii, Herculaneum, Naples, Amalfi and Capri The parking and internet access are included in the price The nearest beach is at only few minutes walk.SERVICES Purple offers its guests numerous exclusive services to make their stay even more enjoyable: international buffet breakfast with a vast selection of sweets, jams, cheeses cold cuts and other snacks, outdoor parking, transfer to and from Naples airport, dinner service upon request, tour reservations for Herculaneum and Pompeii, the Amalfi Coast and wonderful spots on the Sorrento Peninsula, boat trips to Capri and Isola dei Galli. ROOMS The B&B Purple has very large bright rooms, furnished with taste and simplicity: dark wood furniture with clean lines, light upholstery, floors covered with antique terra cotta tiles. The rooms all have heating, air conditioning and television. Different types are available to meet all needs: singles, double, triples and quads, with internal or external private bath or shared bathroom. Most of the rooms have sea view, while some look onto the peaceful garden which surrounds the residence. SERVICES INCLUDED All rooms include: Free WiFi, Hair dryer and Breakfast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, HostelWorld, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Purple reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Salvo Hotel Sant`Agnello
- Purple Italy/Province Of Naples