“Charming”

Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in Sant'Agnello
Paris, France
“Charming”
Reviewed 22 February 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed 2 nights at Villa Savarese and we liked it so much that we had to stay one extra night. The hotel is charming, the staff is very pleasant and very professional, the swimming pool under the lemon trees is incredibly relaxing.
A small detail that made the difference for me is that Villa Savarese has a story, it has personality. A simple glance at all the miniature elephant statues in the main hall points out to one of the many stories that (I guess) have taken place there. Take a seat in the book room to realize how much the hotel manager is attached to culture in general.
I have often seen clean and attractive hotels, but I count on one hand the ones which had so much personality.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Lund, Sweden
Reviewed 9 February 2013

Villa Savarese is located in a secluded, beautiful garden in St Agnello, on the outskirts of Sorrento. It has a peaceful and private atmosphere and since the hotel is located in a villa, the number of guests is small enough to make it possible for the owners to provide attentive and personal service, whether you want a towel for the pool, coffee by the pool, or advise on restaurants in the area. From the hotel, you can reach Sorrento by foot along a scenic seaside walk in less than 30 minutes (if you are a keen and regular Walker), which provides excellent daily exercise to walk off those gelatos and fantastic Italian meals including the hotel breakfast, which is a rustic buffet of Italian traditional breakfast treats. (It is also possible to go by train, a single stop from St Agnello to the Sorrento town centre.) After a day full of impressions, it is pure luxury to retreat back into the Beautiful hotel garden, have a dip in the pool, and go to bed in a clean and quiet room.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Louth, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 October 2012 via mobile

RVS is simply the best hotel I have ever stayed in. The hotel itself is beautiful situated in a very quite area but within easy distance of the Sorrento centre. The hotel staff from the moment you book could not be more helpful. The hotels owner is just a amazing lady who goes out of her way to make you stay special. The hotels bar / library is a amazing place to relax and chat as a family.

Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 October 2012

It's difficult to add anything when everything has already been said, is almost entirely good and in our experience true. I'll be short - the villa and its setting are beautiful (look at the pictures), the room we stayed in (on the top floor) was tasteful, roomy, comfortable and quiet (even with the a/c going), the breakfast was excellent and a little different each day. All for a very reasonable price. The proprietor was exceptionally helpful, nothing was too much trouble - she even lent us 3 Euros from her purse to park one evening when we decided to use the car and had no change.

The only potential 'downside' is that the villa is located about a 20 minute walk from the centre of Sorrento which was no problem for us as we enjoyed the walk.

I will recommend Villa Savarese to my friends.

Room Tip: We only had experience of the room we stayed in but I am confident that visitors would be pleased wi...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
New York
Reviewed 14 October 2012

What can I say that everyone else hasn't already? This place is wonderful.

It started with the booking process. Travelling with my mother and aunt, I had specific requirements and used the Internet to choose a place in the Sorrento area based on those requirements. Right after my booking, I received an e-mail from RVS where they sought to clarify my requirements, just to make sure that they could meet them. I thought that this was amazing customer service: it really put me at ease about how things would turn out when we showed up.

The facilities are as wonderful as everyone says. The breakfast is magnificent, with lots of home-cooked and -baked food. An inexpensive pizzeria in the Sant'Agnello main square that we enjoyed in the evenings was recommended by staff; it's called "da Peppino".

The real gem is Ms Angela Savarese. What a wonderful person she is! I do not want to embarrass her by telling her how much we admired her, but suffice it to say that RVS is a labour of love and devotion to her family and particularly her elderly father and mother. By staying at RVS, you will not only have a wonderful and comfortable experience but you will also be contributing to the story of a wonderful life. I know this is an irrelevant criterion for some travellers but I mention it for those who like to know that their tourism does make a difference. (By the way, she did not "advertise" her situation -- we drew it out of her. She is a very discreet person.)

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 September 2012

Beautiful setting, lovely pool, fantastic personal service, home baked patisserie each morning, jugs of lemon flavoured water by the pool to refresh, 5 mins to the beach (lido) 20 mins walk to sorrento
Cannot speak highly enough of Angela's desire to make you feel spoilt

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 August 2012

A idyllic gem in a beautiful location. I never thought that I could find somewhere so relaxing in the middle of August, but this proved me wrong. The staff can't do enough for you. It really beats all those impersonal chain hotels hands down.

So lovely, you almost want to keep it to yourself.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sant'Agnello
Hotel Caravel Sorrento
#2 of 100 in Sorrento
Bellevue Syrene
Bellevue Syrene
#3 of 100 in Sorrento

Been to Relais Villa Savarese? Share your experiences!