1,489 results
All reviewssky barsea viewfloor restaurantwhite bartop floorpool areabay of naplesfree shuttlebeautiful hotelpizzaour honeymoonamazing viewsshuttle serviceprivate beachhotel shuttlehotel gueststhe bus
Reviewed 24 September 2012

We've just returned from a week's stay with our 2 year old daughter after attending my friends wedding at hotel. The hotel is lovely and clean, modern and the staff are so helpful. We had a garden view room which was spacious and had enough room for a third bed and a cot, I preferred garden view staying with a toddler as I didn't want a balcony. With garden view you get the fabulous view out the back, and then when you have breakfast and/or cocktails you spend your time gazing out to see. Also, my credit card company had mad a big mistake with my account when I left and I was so stressed out that they told me they couldn't pay my room bill for 24 hours. I was left reassured by Aniello, who said he would put the payment through for the next day no problem. We would definitely return to stay at this hotel in the future. Its such a beautiful spot. The wedding was also amazing and the best food I've had at a wedding I think. Thanks again everyone for a fabulous stay.

Room Tip: If you want a sea view ask for it, most of my friends who asked for one got one
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank JuliaHerts
Reviewed 23 September 2012

Having read several reviews before we went, we had high expectations but these were not met. The food was OK but not as good as expected. The location was OK but not brilliant. The rooms were indeed small but the shower was so small that they must have been made especially smaller than normal - we needed elbow pads to wash our hair! Our aircon couldn't be controlled from the room and the reception desk could control it but didn't get it fixed in room.
Be prepared for the wedding parties running late - OK if you are a late owl but they were noisy until the early hours and lots of them.
If you have read some of the previous glowing reports, prepare to be disappointed.

Room Tip: Avoid room 211 area.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Geoff C
HotelMediterraneo, Direttore vendite at Hotel Mediterraneo Sorrento, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2012

Dear valued guest,

thank you for choosing Hotel Mediterraneo for your Holidays in Sorrento.
We are sad to hear that hotel didn't meet your expectations at 100%.

We apologize if a party disturbed you one night. Please note that we do not allow any party/music after 23.55 which is in our opinion a reasonable time for a leisure destination as Sorrento (but we understand it could be late for someone). Music evenings dedicated to hotel guests stops at 23.55 too.

Individual air conditioning command is in each of our rooms so probably you misunderstood what reception staff explained you about how it works.

Unfortunately our classic rooms showers are small... We know it, we don't deny it and we apologize for it. Unfortunately it is something not easy to change but we are working on it. Please note that Superior and Terrace rooms have large bath thube instead.

We hope to welcome you back soon in our property, maybe in a Superior room which could probably meet your expectations at best.

warm regards
Pietro Monti

Reviewed 19 September 2012

We had a nice stay here and got superb help from the front desk manager, Aniello. If he is there ask for him. We stayed for 5 nights and very much enjoyed the location because it was not to loud and close enough to walk to everything. We were able to do day tours which didn't take to long to the Amalfi Coast. If we hadn't stayed in Capris they also do day tours there. We will for sure be going back to this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2012

The hotel was recommended to us by friends who had stayed there in 2011, and who had found it to be excellent value for money. Our own experience was exactly the same. Our room was at the rear of the hotel overlooking the garden and swimming pool, and was of perfectly adequate size being kept immaculately clean by the chamber maid. We had booked on a bed and breakfast basis and were very happy with the breakfast food, when we did eat in the hotel in the evening again the food and service were of a high standard. The only drawbacks, which other reviewers have already picked up on, were distance out of Sant'Agnello and Sorrento and the timings of the free shuttle bus.

Room Tip: Superior rooms at the back overlooking the garden and pool are larger and quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2012

Well what can I say it's fantastic to come back again and have our expectations exceeded, well done to all of you and can't wait to return!

When you consider that this hotel constantly reinvests and the ground floor has substantial changes and improvements and yet again the values of this hotel simply improve year on year.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple