“Super all the way.”

Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Sant'Agnello
St.-Niklaas
“Super all the way.”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I've stopped counting how many times I've been in Mediterraneo but every time I leave I'm looking forward to come back. The hotel has an excellent location : looking over the sea with it's beautiful sunsets, in a quiet area yet on walking distance from the center of St-Agnello or Sorrento. Sorrento itself does not have the big touristic attractions or but it is clean, has very polite people in it and lots of shops and places for wining and dining. It is the perfect place to start further exploration of the area by car, bus train or boat : Naples, Pompei, Herculaneum, Vesuvius, Capri, Amalfi, Positano and many more can be reached within the hour. OK, back to the hotel : All the meals are very well taken care of, starting with a beautiful breakfast on the top floor, a light dish in the afternoon by the pool and a delightful meal in the evening. Also in the surrounding streets and 'downtown' more excellent restaurants can be found, not the classical tourist traps you find in the big cities but real Italian family restaurants. The hotel is very clean, it's open and modern, it has nice bar(s) and a big swimming pool with lots of place to sit and relax in the sun -or in the shade if you want- and they don't charge you with all kinds of extra's. I was lucky to experience the opening of the new 'roof top lounge bar' with an absolutely astonishing view and lots of nibbles. But the most important thing is the staff. It is them who make you feel really welcome, or must I say 'at home'. From the receptionists over the kitchen staff to the pool-man, I all know them by name, and they are always open for a talk or a laugh. Especially the bartenders : Nobody cares better for you as them :-)
The perfect hotel for relaxing and enjoying life.

Room Tip: Rooms with 'seaview' are more expensive but rooms with 'garden view' are fine as wel...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Belgium_Jan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (324)
  • Polish first
Cannock, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 August 2014

My daughter decided to get married in Sorrento, so a group of us travelled there for the event. M daughter, her husband, my wife and me stayed at this hotel, and it was very good. We had an issue with the first room they gave us and they changed it immediately.
The staff were very friendly and dealt with a problem with my daughter's wedding dress very well.
The restaurant is on the top floor and has a balcony, where you can dine while looking out onto the bay of Naples - brilliant.
We had half board and we were very glad we did because the evening meals were excellent.
The location is a 20 minute walk from the centre of Sorrento, but the courtesy bus service is frequent and accommodating.
Sorrento is a beautiful place and my daughter's wedding was a very memorable event, fro the priory where the service was held to a lovely restaurant for the reception, where the head waiter helped to make it a superb day, and then back to the hotel for the night time where all the friends and family met for a day to remember, especially with the waiter with no name in the main bar.
I have stayed at loads of hotels all over the world and this is one of the most memorable stays I have had.

Room Tip: If you are not happy with your room talk to the people in reception, they were very understanding
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I love this hotel - and most of all the staff from the front desk to the porter to the cleaners to the restaurant and of course Arturo and Daniello! I have been visiting for some 5 years and stay twice a year. I have never been disappointed and am made to feel welcome from the minute I arrive (indeed before with my booking) to the minute I leave. As I travel solo - this welcome and the friendliness of all the staff is very important!

As well as Daniello and Arturo I also have to give a special thank you and mention to the very wonderful Americo - who is just so attentive and very kind.

Fantastic views and good food - what more could you want.

Room Tip: Try to choose a room that isn't onto the main corso
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Great Hotel , wonderful view, incredible service! Aniello Somma doesn't seem to sleep! Always there to anticipate your needs, answer questions, and guide you. The Hotel restaurant has great food for Dinner.

Room Tip: Ask for one with a balcony overlooking the water. Great Sunrise and Sunsets.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Deborah S
HotelMediterraneo, Direttore vendite at Hotel Mediterraneo Sorrento, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Mrs Deborah,

thank you for your wonderful review! We really appriciate it!
Yes, Aniello definitely doesn't sleep! He is not allowed till November!!!
Seriously, we are lucky to have such a good staff here at Mediterraneo! They do the hotel and they make people happy!

Please remember to book directly with us if you wish to come back. Best rates are ON OUR OWN WEBSITE (and for our Facebook likers!).

best regards
Pietro Monti
Horsham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2014

This is our third time visiting this Beautiful Hotel & City, we can't wait for our fourth time. The staff had no trouble remembering us which made us feel very welcome. When sitting by the pool the staff, Daniel (Nobody), Americo & Arturo were especially attentive and made us feel part of the family. Nothing was to much for them. We celebrated our 29th Anniversary while out there and received complimentary nibbles by the pool with our bottle of Prosseco also our evening meal was in the rooftop restaurant with a surprise of a cake.
We would recommend anyone who wants a quiet romantic holiday to try the Mediterraneo Hotel.

Room Tip: Third floor back or front are both as good as each other. We have spent time in both of these.
3 Thank Roy T
Reviewed 24 July 2014

This was our third stay in 15 years at the Mediterraneo. It has just got better and better. The staff are so friendly, welcoming and helpful. The views from the restaurant are stunning. To be able to eat your breakfast looking over the Bay of Naples, with Capri and Mount Vesuvius in the distance is incredible. I really enjoyed the poolside barbecues. The food was excellent . The hotel is comfortable, modern, light and tastefully decorated. The new bar looks very smart. I enjoyed having a swim every morning. Thank you for a magical time.

Room Tip: The Sea view rooms are very good.
3 Thank Geraldine T
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I have never bothered to take the time to write a review before, however my girlfriend and I had such a special 10 night stay at the Hotel Mediterraneo I had to make it my first.

The hotel is wonderful and the staff even more so. Even though it is situated slightly out of the main centre of Sorrento, the free hotel shuttle service is very handy and the 15 min walk is very straightforward and useful after a hearty bowl of pasta in the evening! There is a public bus stop right outside which takes you directly to the main Port and town centre for a very small fee, should the shuttle not be available.

We booked a sea view room with private balcony and the view was stunning! Enjoying the sunset every evening on this balcony was wonderful for my girlfriend and I.

The pool area is excellent, very clean and relaxing. The bar area alongside is very handy for a cold beer and some tasty lunch poolside!

Every single member of staff at the hotel was outstanding. Special mention has to go to the concierge Aniello (who was extremely welcoming, knowledgeable and helpful) as well as the barman who called himself "Nobody" (those Nobody puns such as "don't worry, Nobody cares about you" or "Nobody knows what you like to drink" will never get old"!

My only constructive criticism would be that the breakfast service is a little slow, in that tables are cleared slowly and could be improved. The quality of the food on offer is high, with a very good variation and selection.

I would thoroughly recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Make sure you choose a sea view room with balcony, the view is outstanding and the sunsets are very...
3 Thank Richard S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sant'Agnello
Hotel Corallo Sorrento
#25 of 100 in Sorrento
Alpha Hotel
Alpha Hotel
#5 of 19 in Sant'Agnello

Been to Hotel Mediterraneo Sorrento? Share your experiences!