“Warm Welcome, Fantastic Food, Wonderful Wellness Centre”

and 1 more site!
Hotel Laurin Small&Charming
Reviewed 12 August 2012

Forgive the alliteration but this hotel really does lend itself to superlatives. The owners work phenomenally hard to ensure each guest gets the most out of their stay. Our trip began with a geniunely warm welcome. Our adjoining rooms were extremely spacious with comfortable beds, the softest pillows, and views across the Sella Ronda massif. The wellness centre is incredible, a temple of restful relaxation. If one had to choose just one of the many outstanding features it is the quality of cuisine in the dining room that will encourage guests to return year after year.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Will-WBi

Reviewed 27 July 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel Laurin for five nights and wished it could have been longer. The hotel is tastefully decorated in a modern alpine style and the Giorgi family welcomed us and made sure that we had an enjoyable stay. The breakfast buffet is fresh, and features local breads, cheeses, meats, yogurt, and preserves as well as more international fare. Located within a few minutes walk of two ski lifts, many wonderful restaurants, pubs, and shops, the tourist office, and a grocer, we also appreciated being able to enjoy the mountains and the village without using our rental car. Hopefully we'll be back soon!

2  Thank AtlantaKate
Reviewed 19 July 2012

If you want to know what the word "excellence" means - go there! One of the best hotels ever! It is really a boutique hotel, with personalized approach to guests and their needs.
The interior is very nicely decorated, with taste -relatively modern, but still keeping the spirit of the mountains. Candless in the lobby are creating beautiful atmosphere. A lot of nice places in a lobby, where you can read or just enjoy your drink. Free access to wi-fi, fast internet. Rooms - modern and spacy, LOVELY ROOMS indeed. And a beautiful wellness, complementary - with 5 kinds of sauna (my favourite was hamam, but they had regular sauna, infrared sauna and something called Vivarium with aromatherapy). Spacious whirpool, with warm water, "Tropical Shower" to cool down.
They serve complementary non-alcoholic drinks and snack in wellness area. Gym is simply beautiful, with modern equipment and large mirrors. Swimming pool is new, very nicely decorated in modern style, with large windows and mirrors, with jets and water-stream so you can really swim, it is made of steel and this really feels nice.
It is spotless clean hotel.
Breakfasts are served as a buffet, and you can find a different kind of italian prosciutto, mortadella, many kind of italian cheese, good joghurts, pastries, mamolades, juices and a lot more! Normally, I do not eat much for breakfast but in Laurin I ate quite a lot, as food was delicious.
Astrid and Greg are excellent hosts, taking care of their guests in discreet way, always making sure that you have everything you need (including umbrella when rains).
It is an excellent value for money, to stay there!
The location is very good, too - close to cabin lift, close to center and shops and restaurants.
The hotel does not offer dinners, but there is a very nice restaurant in hotel Freina nearby (highly recommended)
We will come back, for sure! Selva is a very nice place to spent holidays and Laurin is a gem. In my opinion it is better then most of five-stars hotels we stayed in.

1  Thank MagdaCK
Reviewed 8 July 2012

After reading so many positive reviews here, I had really high expectation of the hotel, and I was not disappointed - it well exceeded my expectation! We stayed here for 2 nights only, and I wish we had stayed for a week. The room is spotlessly clean, bright, airy, and has a nice balcony. It must have been newly renovated because you don't see any tear and wear at all. We really like the use of wood in the room - beautiful and makes one feel really calm. The bed is super comfy and the duvets are of very good quality. I'm particularly fascinated by the glass sink in the bathroom - when you see water running down, you're like 'oh no, my feet are gonna get wet!', but of course they don't :-) I think the use of glass sink as opposed to normal white ceramic is so that the bathroom appears visually spacious. Overall, the room was extremely comfy and I was really relaxed there (I'm quite a neat freak, so always feel a bit anxious when staying at hotels, but not at Hotel Laurin!).

What really impresses me of this hotel is the attention to details and the hospitality of the owner. Even though the premise itself is indeed small compared to other hotels, but the interior design of the hotel is so well planned-out that at NO point you feel 'constrained or cluttered' by the smallness (e.g. the transparent sink, the use of mirror in the swimming pool) - I really appreciate this.

We made use of the free upgrade advertised here, so we got a really good deal. But even without the upgrade, I'd still think it's worth every penny. (I've inquired with several other hotels in val Gardena, and the rate of Hotel Laurin is comparatively low, which is really a positive surprise!)

If I were to be picky, I'd say the house cleaning team is a bit too diligent. On one morning at 8:30 am a cleaning lady opened our door and I said we're still in the room; they cleaned the room later when we were at breakfast; but after breakfast when we were getting ready to go out, someone from the housecleaning opened our door again... After this, we learned to lock the door from inside. (We probably should have put a 'do not disturb' sign on the door, on hindsight). But this is really a minor issue and wouldn't affect my willingness to return and stay for a whole week!

I highly recommend this hotel - for the location, rate, ambiance, room, service and charm.

1  Thank MangoSorbetYummy
Reviewed 5 July 2012

I have been in hotel Laurin in Sommer as well as in Winter. The hotel is really "small and charming". Very cosy. The food is excellent and dinners enjoyable also because of the wine list ; the breakfast is reach and various. The wellness center offers, saunas, hamman , swimming pool and hydromassage is clean and bright. In Sommer you can go out in the garden and sunbathing. Another important point is the location. The hotel is very closed to the gondola lift. In all seasons you can " forget" your car in the hotel's parking place ;
Gregor and Astrid are always very kind; it seems to be a member of the family!
We will return as soon as possible.
Rita Lugano

Room Tip: Ask for the luxury room!!! beautiful and charming for a romantic week end.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2012

we bookend in for 5 nights and was beautiful. We have had a super nice room.
The new wellness centre is beaufiful (/ clean and bright) Gregor and Astrid try to offer
every year something new ...the hotel is really lovely with a different customers from many
countries ..When i suggest to my friends Hotel Laurin is the best gift i can do ...

Room Tip: all rooms are beautiful ..you can accept what Gregor or Astrid offer you and depend if you are al...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nello p
Reviewed 20 April 2012

Wow where do i start. Hotel Laurin exceeded my expectations. The hotel has a lovely clean warmth to it. The new wellness centre is incredible offering 5 different saunas/hamas.
Gregor and Astrid go out of their way to ensure you are happy and comfortable.
The food and wine list are really great.
We will definitely be returning soon.

I read another review of Hotel Laurin where someone commented how upset they were that the cleaner was cleaning his room at 9am in the morning and that he couldn’t find any English TV channels. Is this person crazy? You should be on the ski hill at 9am not sitting in your room trying to find an English channel. Also, i think this reviewer stands corrected because there were a couple of English TV channels.

Cannot wait to go back!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Devon E
Also consider these accommodations in or near Selva di Val Gardena
Hotel Sun Valley
Hotel Sun Valley
#2 of 97 in Selva di Val Gardena
Alpenroyal Grand Hotel - Gourmet & Spa
Alpenroyal Grand Hotel - Gourmet...
#4 of 97 in Selva di Val Gardena
Hotel Antares
Hotel Antares
#8 of 97 in Selva di Val Gardena
Gran Baita Sport & Wellness Hotel
Gran Baita Sport & Wellness Hote...
#6 of 97 in Selva di Val Gardena
Miraval NaturHotel & Residence
Hotel Tyrol
Hotel Tyrol
#5 of 97 in Selva di Val Gardena

Been to Hotel Laurin Small&Charming? Share your experiences!