The enjoyment of the Alpenroyal begins even before you arrive at the hotel as you will be greeted by the most stupendous views of spectacular mountain scenery as you drive up the valley towards Selva.
Having studied the excellent web site before arrival we were pleasantly to find the lay out of hotel even more striking than expected.The young ladies at check in were most efficient and our cases were wisked away while we enjoyed a complementary on the sunny terrace overlooking the splendid swimming pool.
On arrival at our suite (we had actually booked a superior room and were most gratified with the upgrade)we were highly delighted with the facilities which included a kingsized bed,2 bathrooms and a spacious sitting room with large flat screen television,both rooms leading to a fine terrace with magnificent views of the surrounding mountains.
Before dinner we enjoyed a pre-dinner drink in the bar where we met Fraccesco who looked after us during our stay in a most friendly and efficient manner and turned out to be an expert in matters relating to wine and drinks in general.He also provided us with complementary canapés which was another highlight of the evening.
The dinners at the Alpenroyal are of a very high standard and run to 4 courses with a selection of 3 choices at each together with a most extensive and reasonably priced wine list.
During our visit we were looked after by Monica who was as highly efficient as she was pleasant and greatly added to our evenings enjoyment.
We would certainly advise any guest to reserve a table for at least one evening at the separate Michelin starred restaurant where the food is both of superb quality and demonstrates the originality and flair of the chef Felice lo Basso.We were looked after by Gianlucca who could hold his own in any fine restaurant in the world.
All in all our stay at the Alpenroyal was one of the most memorable and we would have no hesitation in recommending this destination with the utmost confidence.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In Winter or summer, the majestic Dolomites Range, a UNESCO Natural World Heritage since 2009, is one of the world's most beautiful, and the Alpenroyal, nestled in the scenic Val Gardena, is a memorable place from which to take it all in. For cold-weather aficionados, te hotel has ski-in, ski-out facilities, as well as a sauna, steam rooms and treatments at the Eghes Beauty Spa to soothe aching muscles. Warm-weather guests can explore the stunning natural setting along a myriad of hiking trails or swim in the 1.500-square-eter alpine lake framed by the Dolomites' pale limestone peaks. For the ultimate in relaxation, book one of the hotel's suites, which come with Jacuzzis and privat steam-bath showers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your Alpenroyal Grand Hotel - Gourmet & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alpenroyal Grand Hotel - Gourmet Selva Di Val Gardena
- Alpenroyal Grand Hotel - Gourmet And Spa
- Alpenroyal Grand Hotel - Gourmet & Spa Val Gardena, Italy