The Hotel is 5 Stars, LHW branded and located in Valgardena, one of the most hospitable venues any traveller could visit. Given these premises, prices and expectations are inevitably high. I spent some days in this hotel 5 years ago and decided to go back this summer with my wife and daughter (2 ys) and couple of friends with one kid. We stayed 8 days, half board, Aug 2012 The following is my plus and minus list: I have been in some others LHW hotels in Italy, Europe, Asia, UAE therefore I feel entitled to compare Alpenroyal with its "peers".
PLUS: the stucture is extremelly pleasant, always clean, a few facilities (ie: the oustide swimming pool, sauna, jacuzzi) are top quality and frankly hard to find elsewhere. Food: dinner was delicious, with appealing menus, food requests for kids were prompltly met. Excellent cakes are served for free in the afternoon. The senior waiter taking care of us could have not been more friendly (and patient with our kids!). Rooms are generally well decored and comfortable. Miniclub was supposed to be for 3ys+, but in some quite evenings we were allowed to leave our daughters alone with the hotel baby-sitter.
MINUS: Location is not that convenient, need for a 10 mins walk to reach Selva. Breakfast is undoubtedly no more than average (again, for 5*, LHW), such as some gym facilities. I do accept the fact that junior waiters must be trained on the ground, but in some circumstances way too many unexperienced trainees were serving dinner. I am not that convinced about the hotel pet policy. Finally, and more importantly, in this level structures, you always feel in the position for having dedicated attentions. It is not the case here; a sense of uneasiness, due to bizarre and self-imposed rigidities (strictiness about shuttle service, cake serving time and many other minor issues), was pervasive and never encountered in any other LHW.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In Winter or summer, the majestic Dolomites Range, a UNESCO Natural World Heritage since 2009, is one of the world's most beautiful, and the Alpenroyal, nestled in the scenic Val Gardena, is a memorable place from which to take it all in. For cold-weather aficionados, te hotel has ski-in, ski-out facilities, as well as a sauna, steam rooms and treatments at the Eghes Beauty Spa to soothe aching muscles. Warm-weather guests can explore the stunning natural setting along a myriad of hiking trails or swim in the 1.500-square-eter alpine lake framed by the Dolomites' pale limestone peaks. For the ultimate in relaxation, book one of the hotel's suites, which come with Jacuzzis and privat steam-bath showers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Alpenroyal Grand Hotel - Gourmet & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alpenroyal Grand Hotel - Gourmet And Spa
- Alpenroyal Grand Hotel - Gourmet Selva Di Val Gardena
- Alpenroyal Grand Hotel - Gourmet & Spa Val Gardena, Italy