We were 7 families with the kids of different ages from 4 to 19. There are many different things that I'd like to say about the hotel:
1. First of all absolutely home feeling, because of enormous affords of Martha and her family. The owners family is always there: during the morning hours, in the afternoon, at dinner they are eating right next to you. You really feel yourself like a family guest and it's quite unusual. It's little bit more, than just a good service, provided by management.
2. Location. From one side it's one of the best as it's right near the lift, 50m from school and on the hill that provide you excellent view. From another side it's bit far away from the village center and if on the way there you can enjoy easy downhill walk, on the back it's unpleasant icy uphill "movement".
3. Hotel. The rooms are very big, but most of them needs renovation not because of bad condition, rooms and bathrooms are kept very well and clean, but because of "darkness". Furniture, colors are quite dark and the lamps are not so bright, it gives the feeling of "lack of light". There are no hooks in the bathrooms and storage of towels is quite a problem.
I was told that the renovations will be on 2012 and I'm sure that it'll give absolute new look for the hotel.
4. Restaurant. The food was very good, provide a variety of different types of cuisines, wine list is rich. Marcello made all the affords to make our group satisfied and he definitely managed. It was not easy to feed the group of 25, especially when you don't want to spend 2 hours for the dinner, when you are with kids. The only suggestion for the restaurant is to reduce the heat, as temperature at the dinning room was extremely high.
5. SPA. This was the only disappointed thing. The SPA area is not organized at all. Everything is too small for the 4 floors hotel. Sauna is for maximum 4 people at a time, rest area is with only 3 (!) lounge beds and except this, there is absolutely no place to sit. Jacuzzi has nice size, but quite cold water. It occupies the largest room, where space is unused. Only 2 showers, no water to drink, only tea outside the room where clean glasses disappeared within 10 minutes as well as clean towels. I think that SPA area needs a biggest renovation, to use the existing space, but to provide more comfort and more style.
generally we were very happy at the hotel and we'll be glad to come back again.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Hotel Alaska reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alaska Hotel Selva
- Hotel Alaska Val Gardena, Italy