Hotel Flora
Hotel Dorfer Alpine & Charming(Selva di Val Gardena)
Priceline
Hotel Antares(Selva di Val Gardena)
TripAdvisor
Hotel Acadia(Selva di Val Gardena)
TripAdvisor
Savoy Dolomites Luxury Spa Hotel(Selva di Val Gardena)
Hotel Continental(Selva di Val Gardena)
TripAdvisor
Giardin Boutique B&B(Selva di Val Gardena)
TripAdvisor
Hotel Armin(Selva di Val Gardena)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Oswald(Selva di Val Gardena)
  • Breakfast included
Garni Hotel Wildbach(Selva di Val Gardena)
Hotel Linder(Selva di Val Gardena)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsski bus stopboot rooman excellent small hotelevening mealthe hotel is extremely cleanlovely family runskiing holidayhanging spacecontinental buffetbar pricespowerful showerplenty of storagethoroughly enjoyed our stayheated boot racksgood sizestayed here for a weekthird floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 September 2013

We stayed at the Hotel Flora last week, the hotel is perfect ,great rooms,well situated in the centre of Selva. The breakfasts were healthy,wholesome and delicious.
The staff were friendly and we loved that it's a family run hotel. Selva is stunning and we climbed,hiked and mountain biked in the magnificent Dolomites !! We even had a trip to Venice. Woohoo we were Living the Dream and the sun shone every day! Thanks to all at Hotel Flora and Neilson Holidays who arranged it. Can't wait to return !!.

Room Tip: We stayed in 306 and had a fab balcony !
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 March 2013

Stayed for 1 weeks skiing holiday.The hotel is at the end of town so a bus to the lifts is recommended, the bus stop is opposite the hotel and comes every 10 minutes but you can ski back to the hotel at the end of the day. The bus is not included in your lift pass and costs 7euro for the week. The town is however a short pleasant walk after skiing without boots and skiis to worry about. The food in the hotel is very good and I couldn't fault anything for this class of hotel. Selva is a great skiing area and lively town. Only reason I wouldn't return is because there is no sauna in the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wesc5
Reviewed 12 February 2013

This was the first skiing trip to a hotel having stayed in Chalets previously and I would definitely do this again. The first view of the hotel off the bus was more pleasing than the photos I'd seen previously and the interior didn't disappoint either. Fairly spacious and homely sitting/lounge area with a log burner. Generous space in the bar area, lovely quaint restaurant that never felt full even when it was and food that was plentiful, home cooked and tasty! Petra made sure that our vegetarian and gluten intolerant group members were catered for and no one ever went hungry! Bar prices were very reasonable and meant that you didn't have to think twice about drinking beer or wine! The rooms were spacious and very clean and some where just darn right enormous! The beds were large and on the firm side but I found them very comfortable. My only slight issue would be the pillows are also flat and firm and I had to sleep with the small cushion like pillow which was more there for decoration but served me well! Petra spoke good English but Franco and her husband weren't so conversant. All the staff were helpful and friendly, Katya in the restaurant was always smiling and very efficient and the housekeeper kept the rooms immaculate. I think the hotel although not the largest is perfect for groups and couples/families if you want a hotel that has character and a more traditional feel. The boot room was a good size and everywhere was warm and toasty so you could definitely forget about layers of clothing in the hotel. We hired ski's etc. from Dolomiti/Skiset which was fine but a bit of a walk up the hill from the hotel. I had a problem with my bindings one morning and ended up having to dash to the nearest ski hire which I found out was only one building down from the hotel! Having explained my problem, the guy at Bruno's Ski hire (Little brown shed on the other side of the newsagent) fixed them happily and wouldn't take payment. He then told me they make a discount for Hotel Flora guests and if I'm lucky enough to get to the hotel Flora again I will definitely use him. The ski bus, stops about 50 metres from the hotel but you can walk behind the hotel up to the button lifts that will take you to the beginner slopes. We had plenty of lovely fresh snow which meant we could also ski back to within 10 metres of the hotel! The ski areas are plentiful and the whole area is stunning - a definite must for a stress free holiday! We booked through Neilson's and our local rep (Frosty aka Richard!) also took the time out to make sure we were suited and booted adequately, took us around Selva to get our bearings and escorted us to Ski lessons on the first morning - well impressed!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank DerbyshirePainta
Reviewed 10 February 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Hotel Flora for 1 week for a skiing holiday. The hotel instantly looks attractive from the outside and as you walk in the reception and bar area are very nicely decorated in keeping with the style of the hotel and surrounding area. They have beautifully interacte detailed doors and there is a lovely sitting area with a fire and lots of attention to detail with the decor.

The hotel is family run with the mother who is the head of the hotel and her husband who works in the kitchen as well as the grandparents who help with the upkeep. They are a very nice family with lovely children and they make you feel welcome and are always helpful should you need assistance.

The hotel has a decent size boot room which is easily accessible as well as a lift and a games room and very large well kept, clean toilets for use outside your bedroom.

The bedroom was very clean and well looked after. It was again nicely decorated. It was not particularly modern or my taste but was in keeping with the hotel and very well looked after. They do a good job of keeping the hotel clean as well!

I did unfortunately have one gripe with the bedroom which was that we booked a double room which as I said was very well kept and very large with a very large bathroom, however the bed was 2 singles pushed together which wasn't the case for other couples in the hotel and leaves a slight gap in the middle. They also provided 2 small duvets as apposed to a double duvet which was strange but was the same for all the other double rooms. The main issue was with the mattresses. They were very old cheap foam mattresses. At first I thought they may be memory foam which would explain why my husband and I were lying in dips every night but after investigating further and taking the sheets off it turns out that they were just very old and almost unusable which unfortunately led to an uncomfortable nights sleep for the week. Worse than the mattresses on the second night my husbands bed made a loud bang in the middle of the night and after looking at the slats it appears that they had broken before and they had obviously tried to fix it with extra screws but unfortunately it was not stable enough and had just given way again. My husband spent the rest of that night very uncomfortable lying in a big hole. The next morning we spoke to the staff and asked them to fix it which they did whilst we were out skiing. Unfortunately they had decided to fix the curved slats with a rather large straight piece of 2x2. This piece of wood stuck up much higher and thicker than any of the other slats but unfortunately this just made it a lot worse and extremely uncomfortable and painful to sleep on. Needless to say my husband slept on the sofa for the rest of the holiday.

Finally the food at the hotel was very plain and repatative and exceptionally overpriced. We payed for half board but some of friends and stayed in a different hotel and opted to have dinner with us at an extra cost. To eat dinner at our hotel was £20 euros and consisted of the same plain salad each evening followed by dry, not fresh pasta which was overlooked with loads of cream sauce and not much meat or tomatoe. The main course was always a thinly sliced price of meat, normally chewy over cooked beef with no sauce and hash brown or something similar. We had one nice pudding of tiramisu but most nights were inedible. The worst being a deep fried pasty with apple sauce and a shot of apple juice. Breakfasts were also not very good mainly consisting of bread rolls, ham and cheese of musli.

The bed situation was unfortunate and it wouldn't put us off visiting again but the food really wasn't great and we ended up eating out twice despite having already paid for our meals. For the same money a few minutes up the we managed to get a huge seafood salad followed by a massive bowl of fresh pasta or a huge pizza and a drink all cooled from scratch with fresh ingredients.

I would definitely go back to this hotel but would go for bed and and breakfast or self catering as there were many amazing places to eat close by. For the best slice of cake/crepe and coffee/tea I would highly recommend The Mozart Cafe. It's the best cake I have EVER eaten.

It is worth mentioning this hotel is conveniently located right next to the bus stop which comes very frequently and takes you to the various gondolas depending on where you want to start skiing. The nearest is 2 minutes if that and they are plenty of shops, cafes etc close by within walking distance. The supermarket is literally next door as well which is very handy. There are some hidden gems for après ski as well. We managed to find the Irish bar for a quiet drink at first but if you ski home to the barriers up by the gondola there is a very lively bar directly opposite for a drink and music and then if you head downstairs in the place next door afterwards you can expect a lively evening of dancing and drinking. Most people go here straight after skiing in there ski boots etc but there is a lot of dancing and a great atmosphere. For such a quiet beautiful place this really is a hidden gem with people of all ages up for a good time.

Overall I would recommend Hotel Flora and would have given it 5 stars with a few tweaks. Thanks to all the staff for a lovely stay.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 10 February 2013

Returned yesterday from a fantastic week skiing with 14 others. Booked direct with the Hotel Flora based on Trip reviews and they didn't disappoint. Four of our party had single rooms (although they were doubles) and we were charged a very reasonable rate. All rooms were well decorated, spotlessly clean, warm and had plenty of space especially hanging space for bulky ski clothes. Some had balconies, others had a separate sitting area and the one at the top was charming. Would have given 5 stars but for the beds - very hard memory foam which took some getting used to! Food excellent and plentiful - too much even, at 4 courses every evening - salad buffet, pasta or soup, main course and dessert - all served single-handedly by Kata in traditional costume. Great continental breakfast - cereals, fruit, yoghurt, ham, cheese, eggs, wonderful breads and home made cakes plus a delicious fennel crispbread. Located next door to a supermarket at start of village with bus stop outside - lifts into the Sella Ronda were one and two stops away. This is our 2nd visit to the Sella Ronda - fantastic skiing conditions and variety of runs - each day brought a different experience stopping off at the excellent mountain huts, bars and restaurants - didn't have a bad meal anywhere. Try the bombadinos - a sticky, rum warming drink with cream at the end of the day prepares you for the last run home - we liked the Panorama bar.

Room Tip: All rooms we had were good
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends