“Local Italian”

Ranked #80 of 268 Restaurants in Senigallia
Price range: US$11 - US$28
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Local Italian”
Reviewed 4 August 2012 via mobile

I found this little treasure of a restaurant while walking the streets in senigallia. Food was excellent and quick.

London, United Kingdom
“Keep going back”
Reviewed 20 September 2011

I get to visit Senigallia a couple of times each year visiting my lovely wife's lovely parents. Whenever I can I eat at the Osteria del Teatro, simple food using the highest quality local ingredients. Have a discussion about the wine you should choose with the owner, he loves to talk about the local produce - in English if needed!

• Visited August 2011
Denver
“An Excellent Meal - I'd love to return!”
Reviewed 16 November 2009

This little place that we stopped at for lunch in Senigallia (after reading about it in several places) provided one of the best meals we had during our two-week trip in Italy.

On a side street in Senigallia, we sat at one of the outdoor tables. The indoor space was casual but pleasant. The menu was a little different - one entire side was a selection of cheese plates. On the other side, as I recall, you could order from several primis and secondis, plus crostinis and the option to create a sandwich with piadini, meats and cheeses.

My husband ordered tagliata (beef, served in slices) with roast potatoes, and the beef was PERFECT. It just melted in the mouth. The potatoes were so superb that he didn't let me try any of them. Our daughter's cheese plate, Piemontese cheese, was a good variety - and the staff made sure that we knew what kind of cheese she was ordering, and that some were strong (she's only 10, but will eat pretty much any cheese). My piadina was less interesting, but still a wonderful combination of meats and scamorza cheese.

The staff, as mentioned, was helpful and enthusiatic - I think they could tell how much we liked their food! As I paid the bill, they also pointed out a local mushroom festival that we could go to.

Belgium
“Excellent Slow Food”
Reviewed 7 October 2009

This osteria near the Teatro La Fenice in Senigallia is a very good adress to have a excellent meal. The atmosfera in het restaurant is relaxed and accogliente. The clienti are locals and tourists. We were twice in the restaurant during are 5 day stay in Senigallia. The staff is friendly and helps you to explore and translate the menu (not pushing but very inviting, give a lot of explanation and they give you the time to make a choice). The restaurant has a Slow Food label and you can see it & feel it & taste it.

1 Thank OMA1955