“Great Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Venezia

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Senigallia
Hotel Venezia
Ranked #47 of 63 Hotels in Senigallia
Bath, United Kingdom
“Great Service”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Our friend very kindly set us up in Hotel Venezia on a recent stay to Senegallia. We very much enjoyed our stay.

Although some aspects of the hotel are not perfect, i.e. it is close to the railway line but the double-glazing was very good and we had a very good night's sleep. Sengallia is a party town on Friday and Saturday night and we slept well despite this. The wifi is very poor, but we had to remember we were on holiday! Also the rooms are quite dated but at the same time they had a nice balcony and the shower was great.

What makes me give a 'very good' review was the friendly and very pleasant staff. From the morning with breakfast, till late at night they were very friendly. Even the cleaners were very helpful when we had to iron some things.

Breakfast was very nice, with both traditional italian sweet breakfast and some savoury things for those who have the munchies in the morning.

I would also say this hotel is good for those with kids, they have a computer console and some games. Senegallia is also a great place for kids.

Room Tip: The occaissonal train - not sure how to avoid this.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Newport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 September 2013

It was our 2nd trip to senigallia for the summer jamboree, we were aware that hotels are booked very quickly for this event,although we thought we would have alot of choice because we were booking early it wasn't so. Therefore hotel Venezia was not our first choice, but we will be booking again. When we arrived Rachel (wrong spelling )was there to greet us and from that lovely warm smile we Knew it was the right choice for us.
The Venezia is a small family run hotel, reasonably priced with good basic facilities. It does have air con. The bathroom in our room was small but it had a very good shower. The room also had a fridge which we really were grateful for and a lovely balcony for enjoying people watching. The hotel also has a very nice sun terrace with lovely sea views. We also made very good use of the free bikes every day.
The hotel is located just off the beach front and close to the railway which was not a problem for us.
What sells this hotel is its staff, nothing was too much trouble, even providing a bike ride map for us to ride up into the mountains. Whatever time you came back from the jamboree 3 a.m on occassions there was still a smile on the owners face. Taxi was booked and ready for our journey home. Overall a lovely holiday only made better by the staff of the Hotel Venezia, thank you.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 27 August 2012

08-24-2012
Venizia hotel. Although advertised there is  No AC. No wi-fi, and no verbal instructions for fire escape.  There are written ones on back of entry door to room as there are in every hotel but not in every hotel the following: nothing about the release button for the outside gate on the wall across from the gate on the side of the building that you must use for an escape or simply to get to the beach in the morning prior to 8 am   One must find this gate through the maze of hallway because all the lower floor doors are locked. -  these are the ones that you must use to enter the hotel, go to breakfast, get to the front desk  -rather essential to be left open - one would think .  The elevator will only work between  floors 1 to four And no key is given to any building entrance.  it seems to me that the owner wishes to protect his coffee machine, his front desk computer etc.  and is not much concerned about his clients.

Lower level is Locked  when owner goes to bed at 4am after laughing and talking so loudly  with his friends and passerbys (note that i stayed on the top floor) that you can not sleep because you have to have the doors open to get enough breeze to be able to sleep in your wet bed on wet pillows due to excessive sweating due to no air conditioning; not to mention the fast trains, less than half a block away, that sound as though they are coming into your room every half hour or so ( solution - fix the air conditioning so doors can be left shut).

It does no good to complain because as I was told all countries are having energy problems and that the noise outside will stop in about an hour and then it will be quiet to sleep (an hour makes it 3:30 in the morning).  And besides the whole building is without air conditioning so why should I complain !?!

The television works occasionally on about 12 channels if you can figure out the two controls, the streaked screen changes to a viable picture, the channel stops going off of the air, and , of course, if you speak Italian ; There are no English speaking channels.

The wi-fi is going to be fixed every day.  The owner says that the man just doesn't show up..... My solution.... Call someone else..... this however seems to be out of the question or there really isn't "a man".

No questions or questioning allowed, if the owner does not want to answer he simply does not understand the English; and, if you do complain ... the next morning you get 'THE COLD SHOULDER'.
there are two things that make it a little bearable.
            1.  Barbara, who has been to the USA, speaks English, cares, is nice, and helps at breakfast
           2. The espresso machine -  makes good coffee for breakfast.  although breakfast is included, if you want decaffeinated coffee you must pay extra!

Oh.. And remember to keep the bathroom door shut to help keep a bit of cool in the room before the hot afternoon sun takes you into the hot  evening hours.

A word of warning if you weigh more than 200 pounds and are taller than 5'7" then you may not fit into the shower.

If you can excuse this behavior then have fun.   All in all NOT a relaxing Experience.   Rating.  -1.    With 1 being totally dissatisfied and 5 being very satisfied

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Joan H
New York, NY
Reviewed 21 July 2012

A friend told me that my next trip to Italy just HAD to include a visit to Chef Moreno Cedroni's restaurant (which I'll review separately). I knew that the meal would be expensive, so I booked a room here, at Hotel Venezia online, because it seemed like a nice place at an affordable price.

So, making use of a handy online booking site, I found this place. I checked out the website and its virtual tour, and saw such gorgeous pictures of the beach and this curious structure directly on the beach that I interpreted to be the hotel. Anyone who had ever been to Senigallia would laugh at my mistake, because it's a famous landmark there. But I truly did not know - I thought it was somehow connected to the hotel (which, to be fair, is somewhat understandable since the hotel's website only has pictures of it, not the hotel, on their landing page and on the first part of their virtual tour.) However, if I had paid more close attention, I would've seen that this hotel is not on the beach, it is a block from the beach.

It is a block from the beach on a very tight, dingy street laced with unkempt homes and a ton of construction. In fact, the property directly between the hotel and the beach street is completely under construction as I write this review.

Regardless of where the beach is, however, I should admit that Senigallia is just not the place for me. It reminds me of the very worst stereotypes of the Jersey Shore. Having just arrived there from visits to Cinque Terre and Lake Como, I suppose it was helpful to see that there is another side to Italy - both literally and figuratively. Senigallia's beautiful Adriatic coastline is completely filled to the brim with blue-collar Italian tourists, who are packed in like sardines (a popular local delicacy, by the way) since it is such a popular spot. I am happy that there is a place for those who would like Senigallia. (Ugh, as I write this, I know I sound so snotty, but it's not my intent. It really is a beautiful beach - it's just packed with people).

Hotel Venezia does have its own sort of charm. Family-run, I very much appreciated the courtesy and kindness of all of the staff. There is a full bar at the entrance, though I probably had my worst glass of wine of the trip at it. (Until then, I was under the impression that house wine in Italy was always going to be at least palatable. Hotel Venezia proved me wrong.) As I mentioned, I think that there is just a fundamental difference between my taste and theirs. Let's chalk it up to that?

Read my other reviews and you will see that I am not a complainer, and my complaints will stop here.

I give this hotel credit for being such a great place for families on a deep budget. I got the impression that the people there came every year and loved it. It's for this reason that I'm not giving the place a lower star-rating. It really does seem like someone likes it, and I don't want to put them down just because I had the wrong expectations.

But. I, personally, would not recommend it, nor do I ever plan to return.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends