“A lovely Surprise!”

Ranked #2 of 63 Hotels in Senigallia
Oakham, United Kingdom
“A lovely Surprise!”
Reviewed 21 May 2012

I was in northern Le Marche on a motorcycle trip and decided to eat at a restaurant, Uliassi in Senigallia (amazing, amazing experience......). We decided to stay the night so went hunting for a hotel. Well, what a lovely surprise......... this is a wonderful boutique hotel with high quality service and rooms, on the beach front and a magnificent roof terrace where breakfast is served each morning.... views over the beach and sea while tucking into the best hotel breakfast I have ever had in Italy. We manged to take the last two rooms which were smaller classic rooms at the back of the hotel. They were very comfortable, quiet and good value. I did see the ocean front rooms and will definately try to book one of these next time, which will be in June.
I have never been to Senigallia before and now think it is probably my favourite Italian seaside town, seriously worth a visit if you're looking for a weekend away, relaxing by the sea, in an historic town with amazing food and wine, the fact the hotel has a spa will also help!!

Room Tip: Get a sea front room if possible.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Michael H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
New Hampshire
Reviewed 23 October 2011

We stayed four two nights in SEP, booked a room with balcony, overlooking the Adriatic Sea. The front desk is very efficient. The rooftop brekfast is splendid. Room was immaculate. We had been staying in older villas, etc, on our trip. Checking in here at the end of our trip was such a wonderful break. Had dinner one night in it's bistro on the beach. It was okay. Very Pricey but worth it!!!

Room Tip: We booked a room with balcony facing the Adriatic..were very happy we had spent the extra to do so.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Galati, Romania
Reviewed 22 September 2011

i've been there for 3 days, in september 2011 . everithing was ok . food acomodation , personal . the rooms are a bit small but verry clean and confortable

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 14 July 2011

I just came back from my recent vacation in Italy where I went to visit my brother in Senigallia. I must say that the Terrazza Marconi Hotel was one of the best hotel experiences I have ever had in my life. The service was fast, competent, and very cordial. We were able to experience everything the hotel had to offer, the restaurant was absolutely incerdible!!! The SPA downstairs was so relaxing that I think I came out of it ten years younger, and definitely a lot more rested. The rooftop terrace offered beautiful views of the coastline all the way to Ancona. The hotel's beach service was very luxurious and they even had a babysitter to look after the kids while my husband and I relaxed under the sun!!!!!!! Honestly this trip to Senigallia will never be forgotten!! Senigallia is beautiful and the Terrazza Marconi even more!! Ciao Jessica from Boston, USA.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Barrington, Rhode Island
Reviewed 5 October 2010

I went to Italy to see a freind. I have never been to Italy and it was my first trip without my family. I don't speak any Italian but the staff seemed to understand my needs and wants. I had a room with a balcony and listened to the sea every night. The room was imaculate..( and I am a clean freak...) The spa was great however I would suggest knowing a little Italian before you receive your services. :-) I loved it..!!! ps..knowing Italian would help ordering food as well...

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
Paris, France
Reviewed 13 September 2009

Small rooms, cleanliness to be improved, parking far away from the hotel (300-400 meters), private beach crowdy and whose cleanliness to be improved (rude service at the private beach).
Noise of the street until 2:00 am.
Poor breakfast (not really what could be called a buffet)
So it is a bad value for the price (256 euros)

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank C00King
Hungary
Reviewed 1 September 2008

We have spent a week with our 3yr old daugther this summer in this wonderful hotel.

It is a rare find because it is both stylish and is well located on the Italian seaside. We all know what a rare combination this is.

Our room overlooked a sea, and the little terrace overlooking the Rotunda Pier for which Senigallia is famous for. The beach is 20 meters away.

Staff are extremely polite and helpful in every way, and the bicycles you can use anytime are a nice touch.

The only small issue is that we have found that the choice of the breakfast did not match the otherwise very high standards set out by the hotel in all other areas- but since you have so mch to eat for lunch and dinner this is barely a problem. The hotel has its own restaurant which is pretty good too.

In a nutshell- we will return next year.

• Stayed July 2008