Just returned from a 3 night stay there and found it to be very good overall. Buffet style breakfast in the restuarant between 7 and 10am. Was nice to sit in the sunshine before it got too hot!
Took advantage of the free shuttle service into central Florence - dropped us off at the main train station and collected us there several hours later as arranged.
The pool was open and being cleaned regularly. There was also a pool bar which was very welcome. Drinks were on the expensive side, but to be expected really. Was not overy crowded at all - a few families. The grounds were nice and quite peaceful. I guess we got lucky as there were no weddings that weekend!
The only downsides were that yes, the bathroom could do with some redecoration and a good clean. Also, for us the location was not ideal. We arrived on Saturday afternoon and ventured out to the "centre" of Sesto Fiorentino in the early evening for some food - everything was shut! Including, it seemed, all the bars and restuarants. Eventually we came to a piazza with a few open cafes and a band playing so we stopped for some pizza and walked back. It seems Sesto F.No is not especially lively (at least not before 8.30 - 9pm anyway). Sunday afternoon was no busier (everything still shut except the one cafe). Nearby Prato seemed to be a bit better though.
Most hotels we've stayed in usually provide tea/coffee in the room. Sadly this one didn't and we were travelling with a baby so a kettle would have been very helpful for heating her food etc. Luckily we were able to get hot water from the main restuarant though. The average temperature that weekend must have been 28 C - so I guess not many others want tea and coffee in that?!
In spite of that, I certainly would stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Villa Stanley is a 4 stars rated hotel, built in the main Villa with its 25 bed rooms, reception area, bar, lounge-rooms and conference halls. Along side the Villa is the antique lemon nursery with 28 bed rooms and restaurant. Is only 20 minutes by car from the historical centre of Florence, easily accessible by the Hotel's free shuttle bus or by public transport. Hotel Villa Stanley offers meeting and conference room facilities for up to 90 participants, and spacious parking. The architectual beauty of the fourteenth century building set in a peaceful park, ensures a wonderfully relaxing atmosphere, perfect for either business or leisure visitors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel Villa Stanley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stanley Hotel Sesto Fiorentino
- Hotel Villa Stanley Province Of Florence/Sesto Fiorentino, Italy