“Exactly what we needed”

Hotel Villa Stanley
“Exactly what we needed”
Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

We flew to Milan airport on the day the school finished and only thanks to GPS arrive late tired and hungry
Staff very helpful and recommended an excellent local restaurant Acaba that would be open late
Fantastic food and then we saw our room with grand old high painted ceiling - we felt like royalty
Staff happy and helpful all the time
There was a wedding on the Saturday but this was beautiful to see the local warmth of feeling and no late disco so didn't interrupt our enjoyment
From here we drove to Florence, Pisa and Sienna and each time we were please to come "home" to the relaxed villa and its beautiful grounds and pool
Staff were obviously upset at some of the comments below so if you want the impersonal predictability of the large chain hotels then I'd recommend that you go to one of those unimaginative boxes of neutralized environment but if you want to dive into the pleasure of experiencing the real welcome of Tuscany then this is the place for you

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Patrick B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Polish first
Otterlo, The Netherlands
Reviewed 28 June 2013

Stayed here as part of Trafalgar Tours. But this little hotel villa is quite charming and cute. Quite like the decor of the entire villa and the rooms. Nothing sleek or very modern in this place. But beds and toilet (with bathtub) are still above average. Rooms are not really soundproof.

Minus point- located in the woods, nothing at all nearby.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
villa s, Direttore at Hotel Villa Stanley, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
Dear wallflower 69
Thanks very much for your lovely review. I am the new manager of Villa Stanley and I and my staff are so happy you have a good stay with us.
All our rooms are sound proofed and I am sorry you had problems with some rumours.
However I have to say sorry if someone disturbed your sleep.
I wish to inform you, for the newt time, that you can reach the centre of Florence with our shuttle bus (reservation required) in 20 minutes or enjoyed our swimming pool in the hotel park.
Thanks again for your great words and I really hope to welcome here again wherever you decidet to came back in Florence.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Pros:
- Charming property and grounds
- Lovey room
- Restaurant staff

Cons:
- Twice left our room unlocked - apologised the first time, but the second time just said it's not possible
- Ignored Do Not Disturb signs - no apology, only denial
- Shower water pressure almost zero
- Breakfast is sub-par, breakfast staff are vacant
- Loud disco over the road can be heard in the evenings.

Room Tip: 108 is a good room. Cannot hear the disco from there.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Sesto Fiorentino hotels

Carmel, Indiana
Reviewed 14 May 2013

Florence is such a beautiful city, and the Hotel Villa Stanley does not disappoint. The rooms are spacious and clean. The food, both for breakfast and dinner are wonderful. Tour buses frequent the establishment often, which is a vote of confidence in my book.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
villa s, Direttore at Hotel Villa Stanley, responded to this review, 4 July 2013
Dear Italianfoodie63,

Any review from any of our guests is welcome; we are very happy to know that you spend a nice holiday with us.
I really hope to welcome you again in the future, hopping we can be perfect and get a 5!

Andrea Vendali and the staff.
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed 26 November 2012

I stayed at the Hotel Villa Stanley in Sesto this fall. To say I was disappointed is an understatement. When I arrived in my room, the floor was utterly dirty, I found hairs in my bed and the ceiling had several spider webs. I understand this is an old villa, but the bedspread looked about 100 years old. For a four start hotel located ouside of Florence, this was unaccptable. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank John1970031
Stuttgart, Germany
Reviewed 10 October 2012

I stayed at the Hotel Villa Stanley for three nights and it was great. In particular, the staff are a big drawcard, especially in the restaurant - they are so warm and friendly. The grounds are gorgeous, my room was clean and comfortable (OK, the bed was not the MOST comfortable I've ever slept on but it was fine!). I didn't try the shuttle bus but the lady at reception gave me directions to the public bus at the end of the street and it was all very easy, around a half hour trip into Firenze. I would happily stay here again if I returned to Firenze and recommend it to travelers.

Room Tip: I stayed by the restaurant and I have to say that it was really noisy between 7am and 8am due to peo...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
england
Reviewed 30 September 2012 via mobile

Pros - nice pool, some friendly staff Cons - poor over priced food in restaurant, breakfast appalling, non smiling breakfast waitress who clearly did not know her job, air con only on request from reception, no Florence shuttle available as advertised, Internet only available in reception area, bar snacks at pool indelible - hard stale bread, expensive drinks small bottle beer €5 - Florence was cheaper, rooms shabby, beds uncomfortable, generator outside bedroom window, seemed to open pool when they felt like it.
If you stay here eat at the AqAbA restaurant - out of hotel turn right, second left, looks like a cul-de-sac, keep walking to end past school, turn right at gate and follow path - great food reasonably priced but book a table - get hotel to do it. Bus to Florence 2 or 28 from bottom of road to main train station buy tickets at tobaconists before you get on the bus. If you have a car take sat nav which is essential. Places to visit Florence, Pisa, Lucca, Siena a must park at Santa Caterina car park off the Siena sud exit walk 200 up to escalators to town. nice beach at Marina Di Verrachio come off at Pisa Nord head for coast.

Stayed August 2012
#97 of 421 in Florence
Villa Morghen
Villa Morghen
#1 of 1 in Settignano

Been to Hotel Villa Stanley? Share your experiences!