My wife and I stayed here on our honeymoon on a Trafalgar tour (Jewels of Italy) for 2 nights. The hotel itself is tucked away about 20 minutes from Florence in a quiet neighborhood. As we pulled in we loved the gardens and the rustic Tuscany feel of the hotel. It did not feel like we were in a big city in anyway.
We immediately walked around the gardens and it was quiet and peaceful. We really enjoyed it.
We were in room 311 which was on the first floor but up a flight of stairs at the end of a corridor. The room itself was a bit old. The TV was difficult to figure out but despite what other reviews said, I was able to use the small remote to turn on the TV (after manually applying power) and then turn on the SKY TV box.
We had a giant half circle window overlooking the corner of the courtyard which was really cool. The room was a bit musty. The bathroom was spacious but the shower almost immediately flooded. The water did not drain and quickly filled up. There were two pipes coming out of the wall with white caps on them. I curiously twisted one cap off...bad move. It spewed black water out.
We did not get WiFi in our room but in the lobby and front of the courtyard it wasn't bad. Beers were cheaper at the pool and that area seemed really nice, though we only spent an hour or so there.
The breakfast was below average. We did not eat any of the hot foods, coffee from a machine and the pastries were just okay. The included dinner with the tour through the hotel was not good and the dessert they served was terrible. It was supposed to be a creme caramel custard and it resembled scrambled eggs...
Now to the first night there... We are pretty sure our room was haunted! At about 3 AM we heard two very large *crashes* into our window back to back. It awoke both of us and it was nothing like the sound of the doors slamming that we would easily hear through the walls. I looked outside the window to find nothing and confirmed the big window as properly latched. Then again around 6 AM we heard the same noise! It was sunrise at this point and again, we saw nothing... It really freaked us out.
We asked other group members who were below us (on the ground level floor) if they heard anything and no one heard a thing.
If we came on my own, we may stay again but would not pick room 311!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Villa Stanley is a 4 stars rated hotel, built in the main Villa with its 25 bed rooms, reception area, bar, lounge-rooms and conference halls. Along side the Villa is the antique lemon nursery with 28 bed rooms and restaurant. Is only 20 minutes by car from the historical centre of Florence, easily accessible by the Hotel's free shuttle bus or by public transport. Hotel Villa Stanley offers meeting and conference room facilities for up to 90 participants, and spacious parking. The architectual beauty of the fourteenth century building set in a peaceful park, ensures a wonderfully relaxing atmosphere, perfect for either business or leisure visitors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, Booking.com, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Villa Stanley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stanley Hotel Sesto Fiorentino
- Hotel Villa Stanley Province Of Florence/Sesto Fiorentino, Italy