“Fantastic Food and great staff!!”

La Calanca Ristorante
Ranked #21 of 166 Restaurants in Sestri Levante
Price range: US$34 - US$68
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Fantastic Food and great staff!!”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I ate here with a group of friends and we were absolutley delighted with both the quality of the food and also the attention given to us by Andrea, the owner, We ate here once, and as we were staying in the area for a few days we also planned to go back for another meal. I asked Andy if he could organise a cooking demonstration for us by the chef. The chef turned out to be his wife, Enrica. She was delightful and very informative in her presentation on our second visit, and of course the food was again fantastic, Andy and Enrica are very passionate about the traditions and origins of local dishes, and they are happy to discuss the history of particular plates with guests who are curious to know, We left on both occasions extremely satisfied with the quality of food we ate, and much more knowledgable about the history of Ligurian cuisine. I would recommend this restaurant without any hesitation whatsoever. One last note - Andy knows his wines so let him make the choice of what you should drink with your meal!

• Visited May 2014

Sestri Levante, Italy
“Una cena perfetta”
Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

Every time I come to this place, I know for sure that my expectations will meet realization.
All I can say is that the chef is amazing. Very creative. And surprising even when dealing with the traditional meals of the region.
They have an amazing cantine, but approachable.
It is just a pleasure to sit and enjoy the marvellous specialties of the house.
Recommended

“Great dinner”
Reviewed 13 September 2013 via mobile

We had a fantastic dinner. I have been to many fish Restaurants and this was one of the best and the prices were really fair. Quick and extremely friendly service. Small Child welcome.

• Visited September 2013
Evanston
“Lovely Dinner”
Reviewed 18 August 2013

My Italian cousin and her friend took us here. It’s a place for locals, and as such it was delicious and delightful. Great seafood of course and excellent pasta. You won’t be disappointed.

• Visited August 2013
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Not Up to the Recommendations”
Reviewed 19 July 2012

Recommended by a local, it did not live to our expectations. Nice location and interesting menu. The problem is that food is not as tasty as you would expect in these places. An average experience.

• Visited July 2012
LaCalanca, Proprietario at La Calanca Ristorante, responded to this review, 21 July 2012
hello, I am the head chef at the Calanca, my dishes are always treated to satisfy both the eye and above all to satisfy the taste .... I'm sorry that my restaurant says she was recommended by a local and I could not to meet it, I would like to hear his criticism at the time and with the dish in question, as she points out the menu is interesting and this is not synonymous with mediocrity. I hope I can sleep again and get to know personally, I know the passion of Italian cuisine Danish and I can not even deluderne one!