The hotel is very nice and the team is very welcoming. Near train station and in front of the beach. Has a swimming pool with a great view and it's restaurant is something very special! I feel in love by its hand made pasta and all the delicious food!
There is only one down point is my perspective in my whole experience: I was there with my 2 year old, which is very busy, and though the experience was great, I must say that maybe the hotel is not prepared to receive small children at this age more or less. I point specifically: shower is slippery, art pieces in the lobby without a protection or note to indicate they are pieces of art, bathroom doors with keys to lock inside (old style) and hard to unlock from the outside...
Another thing that one must watch out is that there is no indication (while doing the reservation) that the use of the Hotel beach (which is a private one) has additional costs to it.
Other than that, I felt very much home.
There is a play area for kids just behind the hotel. You can reach the main roads very easily. The city was marvelous and the hotel team very helpful.
Loved it! :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Grand Albergo Hotel! Overlooking the sea promenade of Sestri Levante, The Grande Albergo is now a landmark in tourism and the Gulf of Tigullio. Completely renovated in 2003, this late '19th Century historic building, has 70 rooms including 4 junior suites, all equipped with modern amenities such as internet Wi-Fi. A great base to discover the most striking places of Liguria, such as the beautiful Cinque Terre and the timeless Portofino, The Grande Albergo offers the resources to spend a relaxing holiday, whether enjoying cocktails from the panoramic swimming pool, located on the roof of the building, or simply from the balcony of one's room. The different types of rooms, from sea view to overlooking the peaceful garden, will satisfy all types of requests and our staff will be only too happy to liase and organize all the extra activities available, such as cultural visits, excursions and sports. Don't hesitate to book your holiday now! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grande Albergo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grande Albergo Sestri Levante Hotel Sestri Levante
- Grande Albergo Hotel Sestri Levante
- Sestri Levante Grande Albergo