My daughter and I checked in to this hotel on July 19,2014 . Our room was listed as a "courtyard view" The courtyard is actually a service corridor on the inner side of the hotel. When we entered our room we were greeted by a terrible smell of mold and mildew. I went to the front desk to ask for a different room but was told there were none other available. They sent 3 housekeeping staff to the room to check out my complaint. The housekeeper told me there was mold in the walls from poor drainage of rain water. They left us some air freshener. As we had no other place to go we stayed in the room. We hated coming back to the room at the end of the day as the smell was overwhelming. The décor was terribly out of date and worn. I would never stay at this hotel again!!
The only saving grace was the rooftop pool area which was nice. You cannot even use the beach in front of the hotel without being charged 38 euros to use a chair. if you want a beach towel it is 5 euros. Not even close to good value for the money. Avoid!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Grand Albergo Hotel! Overlooking the sea promenade of Sestri Levante, The Grande Albergo is now a landmark in tourism and the Gulf of Tigullio. Completely renovated in 2003, this late '19th Century historic building, has 70 rooms including 4 junior suites, all equipped with modern amenities such as internet Wi-Fi. A great base to discover the most striking places of Liguria, such as the beautiful Cinque Terre and the timeless Portofino, The Grande Albergo offers the resources to spend a relaxing holiday, whether enjoying cocktails from the panoramic swimming pool, located on the roof of the building, or simply from the balcony of one's room. The different types of rooms, from sea view to overlooking the peaceful garden, will satisfy all types of requests and our staff will be only too happy to liase and organize all the extra activities available, such as cultural visits, excursions and sports. Don't hesitate to book your holiday now! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Grande Albergo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grande Albergo Sestri Levante Hotel Sestri Levante
- Grande Albergo Hotel Sestri Levante
- Sestri Levante Grande Albergo