“Great lunchtime meal”
Review of The Veggie Red LIon - CLOSED

The Veggie Red LIon
Price range: US$0 - US$17
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Visited with my parents on a Saturday lunch time to celebrate my Mum's birthday. None of us are vegetarian but have visited previously and really enjoyed the food. We weren't disappointed this time. Great service and fantastic food which is full of flavour. I had the bean burrito, my mum had the halloumi kebabs and my dad had the madras from the specials board. We know how great their chips are so couldn't resist sharing a portion of those and some garlic bread. We all also had desserts and these were also great. For me, I hardly ever eat a meal without meat yet every time I come here I really love the food. Would imagine it's any vegetarians idea of heaven but meat eaters, don't be put off, give it a try!

2  Thank sarahbutterfly11

Reviewed 12 May 2014

SO good to not be the afterthought on a menu. Lots of interesting veggie food to choose from, served with a smile and delivered quickly and piping hot. There are familiar dishes for the cautious plus a good few that make you think 'wonder what that is, I'll give it a go'.
The Pub is deep in the countryside but SatNav copes ok and is well worth the effort.
One teeny criticism, it's not too warm in there so take something with sleeves. We really hope to make a return visit soon

1  Thank Mo W
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

I visited with some friends last week and the food was bland, I had the wellington, which inside had a whole mushroom (that was far too garlicky), burnt shallots, and the cheese was sparse, so all I could really taste was burnt garlic in pastry. Not nice. My friends had one of the currys which he said was cold and one of my other friends had the pea soup which they really didn't enjoy, bland and boring. We definitely won't be returning. Such a shame as this place really has potential.

4  Thank Julie M
Reviewed 2 May 2014

As a quite new veggie of only 9 months with partner of meat and 2 veg standard, thought i would risk it after google veggie resturants! What a find!!!
We visited 30th April to find surprisingly popular, however where accomodated efficiently, and politely offered drinks and a table without booking.
For myself, was spoilt for choice - great menu in itself yet seriously tempted by by specials board, my meat eating partner had the "special de la masion" as sugested by our host and I couldnt resist lentil dansak with the best riata - love the mango, what a twist.
many thanks to all will be visisting regular

Reviewed 28 April 2014

My husband who is a veggie and I visited the Veggie Red Lion on Saturday lunchtime. We were nervous as we went there with two friends, one of which is a total meat eater and was very reluctant about trying a vegetarian meal. However, he chose a curry dish and then surprised us by saying that it was the best curry he had ever tasted. High praise indeed! We all chose different dishes but all were excellent. It was particularly nice for my husband to have such a wide choice of dishes as he is used to one boring veggie dish as most restaurants only pay lip service to vegetarian food. Only problem is that it is an hours journey from our home to get there.

2  Thank Jame T