“Superb Food”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Superb Food”
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Every item we ordered was excellent. Mainly variety of fish preparations. Service was poor. Restaurant was crowded and only few persons to serve a large clientele.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank SudhirSinha

Krakow, Poland
“The best crudo and seafood in Venice area”
Reviewed 23 July 2013

We have visited Ristorante Garibaldi several times and always with great and positive memories. This is one of the best and our favorites see food restaurants in Italy and for sure best crudo in Venice area, especially that in party style Sottomarina you can find elegant and stylish place with exceptional cuisine. To be honest it is the only reason we visit Sottomarina.

Family ran restaurant, husband is chef, wife helps him in the kitchen and last time daughter was waitress, only few tables, so reservation is required. Always very high standard of meals, always the best quality what is case of crudo is very important. Great and professional service. Place really worth recommendation.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank AnnaKrk_01
Chioggia
“Garibaldi was a great man and Garibaldi is a Great Restaurant in Sottomarina (VE)”
Reviewed 30 October 2012

Buon giorno - Hello again after somewhat of a long silence .
My last review was about me enjoying a great setting for lunch in Moissac Bellevue in the Haut Var in the South of France at the Hôtel Calalou ...
change of décor , change of country - this time in the Veneto Province of Italy in Chioggia - Sottomarina on the southern tip of the Laguna di Venezia /Venice Lagoon /Adriatic .
This dates from last Friday , 26th October where I was meeting up with family for a few days to introduce them to the lovely historic canal town and beach resort ( and one of the major fishing ports in the North Adriatic )
of Chioggia Sottomarina .
The evening was not particularly inviting - it was raining heavily for hours and lo and behold -
my cousin had discovered a restaurant called Garibaldi on Via San Marco in Sottomarina.
The small entrance terrace in the front is tastefully planted all the year around and there are flowering plants too .
A communal car park is right opposite - for information there is also a cyber centre called Internet House a few doors on in the curve of the road after a garage and a dry cleaning /laundry shop . I " internet " f rom the cyber place - it is well run and the people there are well behaved .

To come back to the restaurant , the room is simply elegant and has a nice characeter about it .
There are candle lights on the tables in the evening , which are replaced by flowers/soliflor roses
at lunchtime . The roses were of excellent quality .

The menu / à la carte menu is a joy to read -
no meat but it regales with a lot of choice from the fish and sea food world .
Prices are moderate for the quality of the restaurant. The presentation of the dishes is excellent
and as for the contents , they are superb .
We had a marvellous meal and despite the rain beating down came outside feeling very elated .

Some lovely biscottini were served in a nice dish at the end of the meal - even though we did not have coffee or infusions . They were still warm .
Once again , delicious .
To end off this gastronomic delight of an evening , we were presented with some of the
biscottini to take with us .

The maïtre d'hôtel was very pleasant and efficient and Bruna was a delight .
She and her husband are now the third generation in the establishment and their daughter helps out too . Bruna and the daughter do certain things in the kitchen , which is visible from the dining room . Mamma does the bread even and desserts .
The owner chef is very elegant in his manner and courteous too .
All in all , it was an experience which we all really enjoyed and will remember .

Grazie Bruna e tutti per questa sera fantastica .
Merci Bruna et vos collègues , nous avons passé une soirée superbe .

Saro da voi , la prossima volta che mi trovo a Sottomarina .
A presto , à bientôt , see you soon .
Best wishes ,
Alan

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank alainwelch
London, United Kingdom
“A wonderful discovery in torrential rain”
Reviewed 29 October 2012

I found this restaurant by chance...was looking for a restaurant for dinner later and walked in torrential rain ......saw nothing that appealed and was dejected and soaked when I spotted the Restaurant Garibaldi ....I booked on my return to the hotel and my husband, cousin - who lives in France but has a house in Chioggia - and myself had the MOST amazing meal. We adore Italy and visit at least once a year but this was the best pasta I have ever tasted. Superb menu, good and modestly priced wine list. The owners ...third generation...and maitre d' were utterly charming.
We live in London and this restaurant matches the best of dining there. Worth visiting Sottomarina/ Chioggia just to eat at the Garibaldi.

• Visited October 2012
florida
“a memorable evening”
Reviewed 19 August 2012

My daughter and I dined here for my daughters birthday. We had such a lovely evening. The waiter was attentive, helpful with wine and meal selection. We both enjoyed our meals. When the owner found out that it was my daughter's birthday, she presented her with a little bag of biscotti. What a very nice end to a memorable evening. I only wish we lived here so we could come more often.

• Visited July 2012