“simply wonder staff, wonder food and wine”

Taverna La Lanterna
Ranked #26 of 173 Restaurants in Spoleto
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Local cuisine, Cheap Eats, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Helsinki, Finland
“simply wonder staff, wonder food and wine”
Reviewed 15 September 2013

,I cannot recommend the staff here highly enough. Unfortuantely during our meal my wife was taken ill, the satff were wonderful, helpful and showed geniue concern for her. Amazing, Thank you girls.

We ate here 3 times during our 2 week stay in Umbria and nothing appeared to too much trouble for the staff, food is great, hearty Italian, I suppose thats why so many locals eat there. A must for lunch or dinner if you are in Spoletto.

• Visited September 2013

Adelaide
“Just OK”
Reviewed 8 August 2013

This restaurant was recommended but not quite sure why, it was just OK. We ordered a plate of cold meats to share which were nice, especially with the honey and cheese. The strangozzi pasta with tomato sauce was a bit ordinary although my tagliatelle with mushrooms was very nice. My husband ordered the pork skewer and that's exactly what he got - a skewer with four different types of pork on it plus a piece of sausage! There was nothing accompanying it, not even a bit of decoration - just a bland pork skewer on a plate and it was a bit overdone too.

Visited August 2013
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Simple Taverna”
Reviewed 2 May 2013

Good food, friendly service, no complaints. It seemed it was a place frequented mostly by locals. However, it seems that when something is in season, all restaurants have the same dish.

Visited April 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Excellent Food - Superb Service”
Reviewed 29 October 2012

We ate here several times during our time in Spoleto. I had a mushroom pasta, a spinach and mushroom ravioli, and strangozzi spoletina. My husband tried several lamb and pork dishes. Our server was all smiles and in constant motion. The tiramasu is fabulous.

Visited October 2012
Rome, Italy
“Mi piace”
Reviewed 4 October 2012

That was my first italian restaurant to which brought me my boyfriend two years ago. Since that time we're coming back there from time to time. The place is in the center of centro storico. Very good regional food, nice and friendly stuff speaking english and very cheap prices. The interior is in charming, italian and modest style. A place to recommend!

• Visited August 2012