“Very Good Local Food”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We visit Spoleto every year and hadn't visited La Lanterna yet. I'm so glad we did! The strangozzi al tartufo was so delicious and fresh! It's truffle season, and I'm a happy, happy person! Fresh made pasta makes ALL the difference. The staff was friendly and service was good, although my salad and pasta arrived at the same time, yet my husband's pasta carbonara arrived after I was finished and well after he had finished his bruschetta. Oh, well. The carbonara was excellent, and we enjoyed our time there. The mixed salad was very fresh and crisp, too. A great place for a weeknight meal out!

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Great local soup, delicious pasta. Great value and good service. Location on typical hilly village street.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

Excellent food and service, best strangozzi ever. Had a patient employee explain to kids she learned from japanese origami books how to prepare all dish cloths/ serviettes differently. Ours was a very beautiful table. Great overall experience.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

,I cannot recommend the staff here highly enough. Unfortuantely during our meal my wife was taken ill, the satff were wonderful, helpful and showed geniue concern for her. Amazing, Thank you girls.

We ate here 3 times during our 2 week stay in Umbria and nothing appeared to too much trouble for the staff, food is great, hearty Italian, I suppose thats why so many locals eat there. A must for lunch or dinner if you are in Spoletto.

Reviewed 8 August 2013

This restaurant was recommended but not quite sure why, it was just OK. We ordered a plate of cold meats to share which were nice, especially with the honey and cheese. The strangozzi pasta with tomato sauce was a bit ordinary although my tagliatelle with mushrooms was very nice. My husband ordered the pork skewer and that's exactly what he got - a skewer with four different types of pork on it plus a piece of sausage! There was nothing accompanying it, not even a bit of decoration - just a bland pork skewer on a plate and it was a bit overdone too.