“Beautiful 14th century home with charm...”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
KellyInRa...
Rapid City, South Dakota
“Beautiful 14th century home with charm!! Fantastic value.”
Reviewed 6 November 2014 for a stay in October 2014
person found this review helpful

What a fantastic place to stay!! I would recommend this to anyone. When I saw the pictures online, I thought this was a great place but it was actually larger and more beautiful than pictured! It was the cleanest place we have ever stayed.

The internet was high speed and both satellite televisions worked well. The rooms were extremely large, and we were constantly drawn to the large windows to peer down into the Piazza del Mercato (Market Square) where there was always some interesting activity. Much of the woodwork appears to be authentic to the day of its creation as well as the frescoes which are intentionally exposed in certain locations. The owner was born and raised in this home (isn't that precious?). It was very large and comfortable.

Luana, the apartment manager, was very helpful to us. She took time from her busy schedule to specifically meet with us and help us with ideas how we could spend even more time in the future in Italy. Thank you so much for you advice and help Luana!

Most importantly, my wife and I somehow became suddenly very close to the wonderful owner of the apartment- Marta. We even had dinner with her and her entire family and we were very honored and thrilled to be together with all of them. Marta is a total gem, so sweet, so helpful, just a purely wonderful person!! When we left to give our goodbye hugs, we were emotionally moved and our hearts were sad to leave her. We hope to see her, her brother and her family sometime in our home in the United States! Our brief time with Marta and her family were a highlight to our trip!

You cannot go wrong in this rental! As you can tell, along with the great sites, we grew to love the people in this town!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the owner, the location, size, openness
Liked least: leaving
Maarn, The Netherlands
Reviewed 26 July 2014 for a stay in June 2014

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The combination of old history and modern comfort.
Your age range 65+
Older travelers
droggg
Toronto, Canada
“Amazing - perfect for staying in Spoleto!!”
Reviewed 9 May 2014 for a stay in May 2014

Getting to Spoleto was a bit like the amazing race as it was a train from Rome - then a bus - then a mini bus - all of which was found very randomly as signs were poor and most people didn't speak english.

Upon arriving Lauana met me in the piazza and showed me the apartment. There's no elevator but I'm used to that so no biggie.

The place was perfect for my stay. It was clean, a decent size and had all the amenities. The second night I cooked pasta and had a meat and cheese platter all local of course! Also a bonus was reliable WiFi!!

I had such a great stay I would want to come back but stay for a month at least and get to really know more about the people and culture.

I did get to walk around and got my senses about the random walkways and streets.

Definitely visit the Duomo, the castle, there's a bridge that is a must to walk across - very high up and great views! I also spent an afternoon hiking up the mountain - I'd come back to just do that but go farther!

Also note if you are travelling around Italy and Assisi is on your agenda - Spoleto is a good 2-3 day stop over to slow things down a bit as it is a nice small medieval town with lots of great views.

Liked best: Everything
Liked least: there's nothing to not like
Travelling group: Solo
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
10 May 2014
Guests arrive quite easily to the apartments, they are centrally located in the heart of Spoleto, 1 hour and 15 minutes by train from Rome, Spoleto station is 30 minutes walking distance from the apartments, 15/20 minutes by bus or 5 mintes by taxi. I give very detailed directions in advance and I'm available by phone at any moment. The meeting point is very easy to find: a huge white church with a dome, the only one with dome in Spoleto! There are signs in Italian but with my directions are very clear.
You had no mobile (you called me by a public telephone)so, despite my exact directions, you couldn't benefit of my help while in Spoleto, I was at the meeting point and I've stopped the bus because you were still inside, didn't gett off and the bus were leaving(it is not difficult to note the huge dome of the church but, I know, it may happen, maybe were a little bit tired and got confused). You arrived at the train station and were in the apartment after 30 minutes, so I think it was not an amazing race. With a taxi it is even faster. It may happen that you have to take 2 buses to reach the upper part of Spoleto, not every time. To be in touch by mobile can help.
However, I'm happy you had a nice stay and I remember you were a very friendly person.
Ciao!
Embrace_L...
Old Orchard Beach, Maine
“Fantastic apartment in beautiful Spoleto”
Reviewed 7 February 2014 for a stay in November 2013
person found this review helpful

We stayed in Luana's apartment for 2 weeks last November and it was absolutely wonderful. Luana is a great hostess. She is kind and so helpful. She assisted us in so many ways during our stay that we cannot thank her enough. The apartment was lovely. It is located in the heart of the historical center of Spoleto. It is easily reached by car, bus, or by foot. The train station is about a 20 minute walk down the hill.

We had everything we needed during our vacation. The apartment has a nice kitchen area with a dining table. The cupboards were stocked with dishes, pots and pans and some of the essentials like olive oil. The bathroom has a nice good-sized shower as well as a modern washing machine which came in very handy.

Upstairs is a large loft area with a queen-sized bed and plenty of room to put your things. Above the bed is a lovely skylight and from one angle you can see the dome of the church that is next door. We slept very well in this apartment. There was no street noise at night.

The apartment is located just a short walk from all of the sights. We also were not far from markets, restaurants and cafes. Luana recommended a spectacular restaurant to us that is a short walk away - we ate there multiple times. It was some of the best food we had during our 6-week stay in Italy.

Spoleto is a beautiful town that is not far from Orvieto, Todi, Perugia, Spello, Trevi and Assisi. it is also very close to the mountains so we also recommend visiting the tiny town of Castelluccio, which is located in a breathtaking area about an hour's drive from the apartment. Spoleto is an excellent base to explore Umbria and Luana's lovely apartments are the perfect place to stay while there! Mille grazie Luana!

10 May 2014
Many thanks for your fantastic review, I wish you and your husband all the best!
Brad798
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Comfort in Oldtown Spoleto”
Reviewed 27 January 2014 for a stay in November 2013

The "Il Priore" 2 bedroom apartment is a fantastic choice for anyone looking for comfort and convenience in a historic building located in the heart of the old section of Spoleto. The apartment is clean, spacious, well furnished and well cared-for. The beds are comfortable and the location is quiet even with Restaurants, cafes and excellent shopping on the door step. Luana is a wonderful host and made our stay not only comfortable but truly special. I will be looking to stay in one of her properties on my next visit to the wonderful hilltop town.

Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: The size,charm and location of the property
Liked least: There is only one bathroom
Travelling group: Friends
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
28 Jan 2014
I'm really happy that you had a memorable stay in Spoleto.
The apartment you've choosen is comfortable and elegant and Spoleto itself is a lovely place to stay and explore Umbria and the central part of Italy.

Looking forward to meeting you again.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 22 November 2013 for a stay in November 2013

How easy was key pickup/access to the property? Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: the property manager Luana!
Liked least: basic items that should have been in the house were not; wi fi cuts out without warning...
Travelling group: Friends
Friends getaway
2 Dec 2013
Hello Stephanie,
thanks for your nice comment.
Yes, your taxi driver didn't know the exact address, so strange! Maybe it was his first day at job, Spoleto is a little city and the street where the apartment is located is very popular. Anyway, I was there waiting for you and talking to the driver by phone.
I hope to meet you in the future, you and your friends are very nice people. Ciao!
Pambula, Australia
Reviewed 16 November 2013 for a stay in October 2013

Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: location
Liked least: no view
21 Nov 2013
Hello Jane,

yes, even if in Autumn there are many beautiful sunny days (like today! It is the 21st of November)you had some rainy days during your stay in October. The, fortunately we have good weather in the rest of October and an amazing November, with mild climate, sunny days and many visitors coming. The apartment Priore is on the first floor so, of course, you can have a better view from an upper floor, but from the windows you have no buildings very close and the view is "open", from the windows of the living room, the study and the bedroom you can see a square, trees, some shops (as you mentioned tou are in one of the best areas of Spoleto centre), the sky and a small ancient tower in front of you. The windows of the apartment are many, large and tall, so a lot of sunlight can some inside. I'm sure that if you'll be able to come again, You'll certainly find a good weather...in Italy we have good weather during the majority of the time. Thanks for all!!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing