“I'm no expert, but....”

Palazzo Collicola Arti Visive
Ranked #17 of 65 things to do in Spoleto
Reviewed 16 October 2017

We went here because I wanted to see the inside of the building. Some parts OK, some not so much. The art wasn't exactly my glass of wine. Not sure what you would call it, modern, interpretive, different. I'm sure that someone with a more artistic eye would see it differently, but...

Reviewed 17 January 2017

We visited the palace during a cold day of January. It was a pleasant seeing especially for the big windows behind the building and the sun filtering inside on the pictures and installations exposed.

Reviewed 3 October 2015

I was looking forward to some modern art after seeing far too many religious paintings for my taste in Umbria. Sadly, this collection did not impress. Further, half of the collection seemed to be on loan to other museums. Staff were rude and made me check my bag, but there were others (Italians) in the museum with bags the same size as mine that they were not required to check in. Don't bother.

1  Thank 787jom
Reviewed 3 April 2015

We have visited this nice museum and were impressed with the palace, the setting and the interesting art presented there. Yet, were utterly amazed and frankly shocked, to see some works of an Italian artist showing Israeli acts against Palestinians with more than a hint of biased opinion against Israelis and Jews (an understatement!) – including Magen David (David’s Shield), Jews mockery and affiliation to Hitler. While artists and Museums can and should present political art, it should not get to this, especially not presenting it in its entrance hall.
Zeev Goshen

1  Thank Zeev G
See more reviews
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I like art. I like modern art. I like contemporary, wacky, paint-spatters-on-the-wall art.

But this place is just bad and boring. Even if you have tons of time to kill and one of those "all museums in Spoleto" tickets, don't spend your caloric energy walking around this dreadful museum. And PS: don't waste your money on the all-in-one ticket. The Casa Romana and that fort on the hilltop are super boring too.