“Nothing better in Spoleto!”

Bar Ristorante Duelle
Ranked #61 of 172 Restaurants in Spoleto
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Douglasville, Georgia
“Nothing better in Spoleto!”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I, like many other reviewers on this page, spent five weeks in Spoleto on a study abroad trip, and ate at Bar Duelle four nights out of every week. Though I went to plenty of restaurants in Spoleto I was always excited to go back to the food at Bar Duelle because it's the best I had on the entire trip. I didn't speak any Italian (other than "grazie" and "prego") at the beginning of this trip, and the people there never got frustrated with me, but rather, helped me learn the limited knowledge I now have of the language. I've been home for only four full days, and I've tried making Emanuela's carbonara twice, but I know I'll never get it perfect because she is a god in the kitchen. Even in other restaurants in Italy no one can match her carbonara. And all her other dishes. These people are the some of the sweetest you will ever meet in your life; they became family to me in the short amount of time I was in Italy. If I could, I would eat at Bar Duelle for every meal for the rest of my life.

Carrollton, Georgia
“Absolutely Fantastic!”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I spent 5 weeks in Italy on a Study Aboard trip with 15 other students. We ate at Bar Duelle almost every night, and it never got boring. It was the best food I had my entire five weeks. Nobody makes Carbonara like Emanuela. Believe me, I've tried it at other restaurants. Not only is there fantastic food, but the owner and staff are amazingly lovely people. They made me feel welcomed and cared for throughout the journey. They were patient with my less than merge Italian, and made me feel comfortable making mistakes with the small bits of language I do know. Emanuela Luca became good friends. They are more than willing to accommodate for food allergies or preferences. They are so have a nice assortment of gelato and ice creams if you have a sweet tooth. If you are visiting Spoleto, stop by Bar Duelle for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, I promise you won't regret it!

• Visited March 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
“Food for your stomach and heart”
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

I spent five weeks in Spoleto on a study abroad trip this May and June. BarDuelle was the restaurant that our program ate at 4/7 nights a week. Not only did I never get sick of Emanuela's cooking, but I even genuinely missed eating it on the other 3 nights of the week! My favorite pasta dishes were the gnocchi (both kinds are amazing) and the spinach ravioli. For meat course, her roast chicken is so good that even writing about it makes my mouth water. Also, do yourself a favor and order a broca of the house white wine. Even more than food, though, the people at Bar DuElle became like a little family away from home. They genuinely cared for us and always wanted us to be happy and comfortable. I will miss both the people and the food! BarDuelle is a delicious place run by amazing people, and you absolutely have to go there while in Spoleto. Tutto il mio amore, Luca, Emanuela, Valentina, Jlenia, and Emily.

Athens, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Food/Casual Atmosphere Combination in Spoleto”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

This was my first stay in Spoleto. I was there for five weeks on a study abroad trip, so I had plenty of time to try out lots of different places all over town, all price ranges, all varieties of atmosphere. I kept going back to Bar DuElle because the food was fantastic (let me say that again - the pasta in particular is FANTASTIC), and the owners and staff treated me like a friend. In the course of five weeks, I ate numerous breakfasts, lunches, and dinners, as well as hanging out in the afternoon for drinks occasionally. I was never disappointed. They have both meat and vegetarian options, or, if you are just in the mood for a sweet bite, they also serve gelato and pastries. By the way, I speak almost no Italian, but they were very patient and always made sure I knew exactly what I was ordering before proceeding, so don't worry if you don't speak Italian. Definitely stop by and try it. I recommend sitting outside on the deck if it is a nice day. It will be your new favorite spot.

1 Thank Valerie G
Singapore, Singapore
“Fabulous food and wine - but as always!!:)”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I have been to Spoleto many times over the past few years and always stay in the wonderful bed and breakfast called L'Aura just upstairs from Bar Duelle. What a perfect combination!:) The hospitality, food and wines provided by Luca and his wife Emanuela are second to none. I can thoroughly recommend it. Not only is it tremendous food and wine - it is also fabulous value and should not be missed. It has become my regular place to sit, eat and drink as it is simply the best!