“Really really nice place!!”
Review of Casa del Sole

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stromboli
Casa del Sole
“Really really nice place!!”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Hi. I have been 5 nights at this place in a shared dorm. Really nice place with the following advantages:
- really nice location: far away from the village, very quite place. Wonderful panoramic patio (view on the sea and on Stromboli - some big explosions can be seen from there!). Small beach really close, with some shade.
- really nice internal patio, with hammocks
- shared kitchen with everything useful

I was there alone, I could speak to many people very fastly. Moreover people come from many different countries; really cool place to meet people.
Francesca keep it really clean. Discreet and nice people.

So: I have to go back there, and I know I will!

Room Tip: Wifi available at Pardes bar; restaurant close to the Casa, worth the price: nice view, really nice...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I booked Casa del Sole having read all the reviews on Trip Advisor.

Very basic accommodation, a good distance from the port, so its hard work carting all the luggage through the windy streets and main town.

The rooms were clean, but there were no mosquito nets on any of the windows or doors, and the rooms had no air conditioning, so I ended up being rather hot and a good meal for all the mosquitos in the room (even with 50% deet all over my body)! No WiFi either, but we can live with that. Would have been great if breakfast was an option to add on to the room, as we were very hungry the morning after trekking for 6 hours up the volcano.

Taking the longish walk from the port aside. The patio area was a decent size. The roof top terrace was a good spot to gaze up and the volcano. The walk back from town was dark, but that is what is magical about Stromboli, they have no street lights. The perfect getaway from the madness of working in a City.

All in all, for the price we paid, we got exactly what we expected on one of the most remote islands in the Med.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gemma J
dublin
Reviewed 29 June 2013

We hadn't booked accommodation before arriving so got to look at a few other places before getting to Casa del Sole and choosing it. It is a bit of a walk from the ferry but if you ring ahead the helfpul owner will pick you up and drop you off. At night you might need a flashlight for some streets on Stromboli but it feels entirely safe, the only sense of danger coming from the frequent eruptions above! The rooms here are simple but nice and are clean. There is a common kitchen that guests can use and a nice outdoor area for dining or relaxing and this is sheltered from sun or rain. Some of the accommodation on Stromboli can be a bit expensive but we thought this was good value.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 April 2013

We had not booked anywhere on Stromboli, but headed To Casa del Sole. The owner was out, but returned my Call ASAP. She was very welcoming.
For a reasonable price we had a triple room with en suite. It was clean but no toilet roll!! We had use of the communal Fridge And kitchen, but no breakfast.
I walked with my 2 children, And baggage, from The Port, it took around 30mins.
Using the higher Road into town took around 15min max.
Being the far side of town we were much closer To The beautiful secluded black sand beach.
The courtyard area is perfect for young children To Play, And use the hammocks.
We were also the right side of town for walking up Stromboli; I took My children (aged 4 And 11) as far as you are really aloud without a guide.
We left at around 4.30, it took us a good 1 hour 1/2.
We didn't fancy the walk down in the dark, so after seeing a big eruption, we made our way down To The Observatory restaurant To watch the sunset And night time eruptions.
We brought flash lights in town (a must) for the rest of the walk down, as it is pitch black.
Take water And warm clothes. It is a strenuous walk (especially carrying a 4yr old some of the way!!) And gets very cold after The sun goes down.
I recommend walking high enough To see the lava flow into the sea. There are 2 sets of wooden fences. Head To the top fence, then make your way down To safer paths before dark if you have young children.
It was an experience me nor my children will forget. We saw lava eruptions like fireworks, mountain goats, loads of Lizards And even a Snake!!
We miss waking up To Stromboli 's thundering eruption booms already!!

Room Tip: Ground floor with young kids.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank PaulMarc
London, UK
Reviewed 15 March 2010

Even though I was travelling in May this is not peak season so the place was empty. This was bad as I was staying on my own and had to walk back along a very long and dark road to get back at night (i.e. after doing the hike to the top of Stromboli which was an incredible experience!) If you are a girl travelling on your own I recommend not staying here as it was quite scary walking home. However if you are in a couple or more I'm sure it is fine and it was good value for money and because the place was so quiet I was given a large room - so I would still recommend it, just be aware of the walk into town.

• Stayed May 2008, travelled solo