“Excellent fish restaurant in the historic center of Termoli”

Ristorante Federico II
Ranked #19 of 166 Restaurants in Termoli
Price range: US$32 - US$45
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Excellent fish restaurant in the historic center of Termoli”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Our family ate twice at this restaurant during our recent holiday in southern Italy. First of all, Termoli is a wonderful little town that offers great food at reasonable prices-and being right on the water great seafood is readily available.

We had the Fantasia de Mare (mixed seafood plate) and Spigola (Mediterranean) sea bass), with a wonderful Terrasacre Falunghina wine. The kids had fresh pasta with cherry tomatoes which was also excellent.

• Visited August 2013

New York City, New York
“A memorable dinner at a family ristorante”
Reviewed 29 October 2011

Fresh pasta, fresh seafood, toasted fresh bread, sparkling wine and a robust rosso from a pair of young chefs and waitress who make it to (your) order with their helpful advice and personal service.

Visited October 2011
1 Thank docteled
Ireland
“Good food, poor service”
Reviewed 23 June 2011

I was the first customer in the restaurant on the particular night, yet the four tables which were seated after me were served food before me. I actually had to ask for the food when I saw everyone else being served.
When I said (several times) that I didn’t want bread served before my meal they didn’t take it away until I had to get out of my seat and put it into their hands – I’m not sure whether there was a charge for bread but in every other restaurant in Italy I had visited, there was a charge. The staff took offence at the fact that I only wanted to eat a second course.
There clearly was a language problem as the two male waiters who served me ignored me during the meal and instead sent the young female waitress to serve me. She could speak a little English and was much more helpful than her male colleagues. I’ll take 50% of the blame for the language problem as I don’t speak Italian and didn’t bring a phrasebook. As far as I could see I was the only non-Italian in the restaurant that night. It was an oversight on my part not to be more prepared for the language barrier but I found the rest of shops, restaurants etc. in Termoli very helpful and patient, managing to communicate through basic Italian and hand signals. Clearly there are problems with service at Ristorante Federico II but no such problems with the food. I ordered a fish main with side vegetables and both were cooked to perfection.

• Visited June 2011