cheap clean rooms, family run establishment in a reasonably good area very close to a free beach.20 minutes by bus to pisa central (2 euro), and whereas most nearby resorts eg marina di pisa appeared to have shut down for the winter, tirrenia had a reasonable number of good busy restaurants and a few bars. la scimmie was particularly lively in the centre of tirrenia, 10 minutes walk from the hotel. The hotel was run by Frank an italian who was born in england, not someone to take you round on a pub crawl but very freindly in his own way.The breakfast is extra to the price but at 7 euros each for a very basic continental i would probably not bother next time.To cap it off tho Frank the owner gave us a free lift to the airport (20 minutes drive) at 4am and offered to pick us up for free next time.I would definetly go back- although earlier in the season for the better weather..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Are you looking for a low cost hotel in Tirrenia? The hotel in Tirrenia is 350 meters from the beach, all the rooms have air conditioner, a private bathroom with shower, telephone, TV, and fridge. the hotel has a large private car park and guarantees a parking spot to every customer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Mediterraneo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mediterraneo Hotel Tirrenia
- Hotel Mediterraneo Tirrenia, Pisa, Italy