“Probably not the best pizza...”
Review of Nuova Garda

Nuova Garda
Ranked #12 of 32 Restaurants in Torbole
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 24 October 2013

'Probably the best pizza restaurant in the world' is how this eatery describes itself. My opinion probably not. Sat in outside glazed area and realized too late it was a smoking area (or first visit to Italy so this my be normal). Waiter spoke English but seemed rather offhand. My wife's pizza very bland, mine passable. No pepper or sauce on table so I asked for some to try and improve taste. Waiter took a long time to bring it. Just not the wonderful experience that we were expecting on a beautiful balmy evening.

1  Thank fred b

Reviewed 6 October 2013

We went to Nuova Garda last week. The resturant is not one of the best places to eat. It took nearly 60min for our order to come because none of it was pizza. The food wasn't delicious either. I will not recommend anyone who is looking for good food experience. Someone wanting to save money can try this place for pizzas.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

Probably the best pizzeria and restaurant in the world
Grande ristorazione
Grande servizio
Grande atmosfera
Il top di torbole
Barista simpatico e top staff, big biagio!!

Reviewed 12 August 2013

This restaurant was closest to our hotel, and we ate there 4 times in all. The food was generally very good, pizzas excellent and staff friendly and fun. Good value by Torbole standards

Reviewed 4 August 2013

It felt just a little too rushed for me in that place. There was honestly no one in there when we arrived, but it still seemed like they were rushing. The pizza was very good, and done in less than 10 minutes - but the waiter seemed really hurried to get us out of there. The other thing that bothered me (and this could simply be a personal annoyance I have with staff in places these days) is that as soon as we walked in, the waiter started speaking to us in English - even after we were speaking to him in Italian. I don't know if they're trying to be helpful, but it's actually annoying. A tip for them and for anyone else out there who runs a business or works at a public place - even if you think the customer doesn't speak your language, still start out in it. If they don't speak Estonian or French - they will let you know! But it's honestly rude, when the customer is answering you in YOUR language, and you are still speaking in English (which btw, the customer may not even speak, for all you know).

The restaurant outside was nice and the food, as I said, was good. Not the best pizza in the world, but it was good. The beer was adequate and the ambiance was alright.

All in all a very average place. And even if the staff annoyed me on that one point - they were very nice and smiley. Not far from the beach, right on the main drag of the town, located in between many shops and other restaurants - but right next to the bus stop, so it's pretty easy to find when you arrive in town.