“Too fast, too furious!”
Review of Ristorante Bri

Ristorante Bri
Ranked #122 of 144 Restaurants in Varazze
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Geneva, Switzerland
“Too fast, too furious!”
Reviewed 19 September 2011

We went last Saturday to Bri restaurant on recommendation by the hotel’s staff. The outside terrace is nice so we asked for a table there which we got immediately.
As soon as we seated, an old lady, presumably the owner, immediately brought 2 trays with fish/lobster etc. to our table, pushing us to make a quick order on her recommendations. When we asked for the menu, she said she has told us what is on the menu.. well we made our order for a starter which we discovered, at time of the bill, that was not available on the official menu and we ended up paying for each of the starter €25!
For the next course, and again we a sense of rush/push by the lady, we ordered linguine either with vongole or with seafood, she stated that she uses linguine only with lobsters (perhaps an attempt to make us ordering such plate?) and normally vongole or seafood would go with spaghetti but we insisted to have linguine instead of spaghetti and she finally agreed. we specifically asked to have al dente. When we got our plates, linguine were more of tagliolini make, they were indeed al dente as we wanted but test of my linguine with vongole was like garlic and oil sauce, there were vongole in the plate but no test, actually my linguine were floated in the oil and I removed like 10/12 pieces of sliced garlic from the plate, not a great dish to my beleive.
I tested the linguine seafood taken by my wife and again test was flat. If we were given more time to think to what food to order perhaps we could have elected to go for fresh fish which looked good when served at other tables. The sense of rush we got to make our order was not appreciated as we felt pushed and eventually we regretted our plate’s choice. I would not go back, too fast, too furious!

• Visited September 2011

London, United Kingdom
“Avoid, this restuarant are on a mission to maximise your bill!”
Reviewed 4 June 2011

The restaurant is a lovely building and they have a good spot outside however don't be fooled, the trick here is that as soon as you walk in the meter is ticking. They attempt to bring water (chargable), they automatically bring bread which is normal in Italy however at 8 euros this is a rip off, the owner very kindly prepared a started for two which we did not order and thank fully we did not eat this once we saw the bill, there was a lot of pressure to eat the fish we did noy want and I ended up with a very expensive steak which I have not ordered. All in all, I would avoid this very overpriced restaurant unless, like we found, everywhere else has already closed!

• Visited May 2011
Italy
“Terrific place to eat - great fish bdishesw and fine wine but relatively pricey”
Reviewed 18 September 2009

fish restaurant of the highest quality. Excellent wine list. Mostly fixed menu but with choice of mains